Chapter 25 ~ I Promise, Harry

Dedication: @LarryIsWhatILiveFor Thank you for your comment, love .xx

______________________________

Chapter 25 ~ I Promise, Harry

[Harry's POV]

I drove to the park with Louis in a comfortable silence. The sound of the radio was blaring out through the speakers, the song 'Blank Space' by Taylor Swift playing. To be honest, I really liked the song. It was quite catchy.

Louis seemed to think the same way as I did about the song, seeing as he was slowly nodding his head along to the music. His legs were pulled up to his chest, and if it weren't for the fact he looked fucking adorable sitting like that, I would've scolded him for dirtying the cushion. But he just looked so innocent, staring out the window with his arms wrapped around his legs that I couldn't bring myself to do it.

"Hey, Lou?"

He turned to me with a small smile on his lips. "Yeah?"

"We're here," I announced, nodding to our surroundings, making his eyes dart to them as well. It hadn't been raining since lunch when the sunbeams finally had broken out through the grey clouds, so the puddles on the ground were slowly disappearing. The grass must still be wet, though, so we couldn't sit on the blanket like we'd done the last two times. Besides, my blanket had been strangely missing since then.

"Oh."

We hopped out of the car, me making my way over to his side once I had done so. He eyed me, a small breaking out on his face. "What?" I asked amusingly, reaching up to flick his nose.

His smile dropped as he let out a little wince, rubbing his nose with a pout on his lips. "Ouch, that hurt. I just thought of something, and what did I get for that? A freaking flick to my nose," he huffed, shutting his door behind him.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm sorry, Lou. What were you thinking of anyway? How absolutely gorgeous I look in these new jeans, yeah?" I joked.

He scoffed, hitting me on the arm. "You wish." But when he said it, a blush made its way to his cheeks, so I knew he at least had been thinking about something similar to it. God, I already liked this Louis way too much for my own good. Not that I didn't like the one he was before when he used to hate me, but this one was just adorable.

"Let's go to the benches over there," I said, motioning to the area across the park where barely any people were.

He nodded in agreement, picking up his pace. I headed off after him, catching up with him only a few seconds later. Our hands swung between our bodies, almost touching each other just like only a few minutes ago when we walked out of school and also like this morning. I didn't get why neither one of us took the initiative to just grab the other's because I could tell both of us wanted to, but maybe it was due to shyness or something of that nature. Either way, I couldn't bring my hand to reach for his for some reason.

As we got to the almost abandoned benches, we sat down on one with a fair space between our bodies. I pouted at this but didn't do anything about it. "So, where shall we begin?" I asked, letting out a breath while dropping my hands to my thighs.

He shrugged. "I don't know? Maybe you can just ask me the things you want to know about me, and I can ask you things I want to know about you?" He suggested, biting his bottom lip, something I had started noticing he did whenever he was embarrassed or just thought he was being awkward. It was actually quite cute.