Chapter 11 ~ I Can't Believe I'm Actually Agreeing To This

Dedication: @asbowden14 Your comment made me smile! Thank you .xx

_____________________________

Chapter 11 ~ I Can't Believe I'm Actually Agreeing To This

A week passed by without a word from Louis whatsoever. I had stopped teasing him even though Zayn had told me not to because I didn't really know how to act towards him when he would yell at me if I didn't retort with some nasty comeback. I had finally realized that getting back at him would only make matters worse.

So instead, I was watching him from afar, keeping an eye on him to know where he was and what he was doing. Before you say anything, no, I wasn't a stalker. I was just curious about what Louis was doing.

He had been hanging out with the basketball team a lot. I hadn't come to terms with whether that was a good thing or not. I had seen Liam walking in the hallway all by himself with a sad look on his face all too many times, which had made me a little suspicious. I knew they had been best friends for a really long time, so seeing them being apart from each other so often was kind of strange.

I really hoped Louis hadn't changed and left Liam behind, because one; Liam was a great lad who didn't deserve to be abandoned by his best friend, and two; that would consider Louis a really bad friend.

At the moment, I was sitting on the couch in my living room, flicking between different channels on the TV to find something decent to watch. When I couldn't find anything, I got up and walked into the kitchen where my mum was preparing dinner at the stove. She turned around at the sound of my footsteps and faced me with a small smile on her face.

Sitting down at the kitchen table, I returned the smile and reached up to tap my chin thoughtfully. She hadn't told me anything about her past ever since we had talked about it that one time, which was now a few weeks ago. I was starting to get a little too curious, and I wasn't sure whether I could stop myself from asking her more things about it. It felt like she was never going to tell me about it willingly anyway.

"Mum?" I started off slowly, and by the way she tensed up, I knew she had an idea about what I was on about.

"Yeah?" She drawled, not turning around to face me.

"Would you... would you please give me some answers? It's been weeks since we last talked about what happened in the past, and I'm starting to get a little impatient. I know it's hard for you, but I want to know. Please?" I pouted, although she couldn't see it.

She spun around abruptly, a frown evident between her eyebrows. "Why do you want to know? It doesn't even concern you."

"Yes, it does. If you hadn't tried to imprint in my head that I had no choice but to hate Louis, then sure, none of it would have concerned me. But you did, and I want to know the real reason why I'm not able to befriend him."

She inhaled a deep breath, clenching her jaw together. There weren't many times I witnessed my mum being upset. She was usually the most even-tempered person out there. So, to see her almost boiling with anger made me feel quite uncomfortable, but I tried not to show it. "I have told you I don't want to talk about it. It's in the past, alright? Just drop it, Harry," she snapped.

I furrowed my eyebrows together, boring my eyes into her. "How is that even fair? I deserve to know what happened."

She shook her head, turning around to mix the sauce she was making. "Please, Harry. I love you with all my heart, but can you please do me the favor of letting it go? I don't want to talk about it. Not now, not ever."