Chapter 3 ~ Stop Avoiding My Damn Question

I stepped into my home, closing the front door behind me. "Mum, Gemma?" I called, knowing both of them should be home at this time.

"I'm here, sweetie," Mum replied from what I presumed was the living room.

I took off my jacket and slipped out of my converse before making my way into the room. She was sitting on the couch, facing the TV as I entered. "Hi, mum."

She turned to me, a smile making its way to her face. "Hi there, sweetheart. How was school?" She tapped the couch beside her, clearly gesturing for me to sit down. Considering the mummy boy I was, I stalked over to her without a second thought.

Once I was sitting on the couch, I slumped against the backrest. "The usual, I guess," I shrugged, thinking about Louis, which made me smile.

Mum opened her mouth to say something, but right then, Gemma decided to join us. "Hi, H," she smiled as she sat down on the other end of the couch.

When I saw her, thoughts about the party entered my mind, and I instantly knew what I had to do. "Gem, have you heard about the party on Friday?"

She raised an eyebrow, turning to me. "Yes, of course. What about it?"

I scratched the back of my neck, biting my bottom lip. "Could you please drive me and Zayn there?" I pleaded, giving her puppy dog eyes because I knew she was weak for them.

"Well, I-"

"Woah, woah, woah... Party?" Mum interrupted, raising an eyebrow at me.

I looked at her sheepishly, nodding my head. "Yeah?"

She looked skeptical for a few seconds, searching my face for something I didn't know until she let out a defeated sigh. "Fine, you're old enough to make your own decisions."

"Thank you mum, I-"

"But," she interrupted, lifting a finger for more effect. "I trust you in being a responsible young man, Harry. Don't drink too much, and don't you even think of smoking, are we clear?"

I chuckled slightly at the serious look on her face because let's be honest here, my mum was never serious. "Mum, do you know me at all? You know I've never smoked, and I don't have any intention to change that."

A small smile broke out on her face then, and she reached up to stroke my cheek gently. "I know honey. I just wanted to make sure you won't do anything I don't want you to. You know it's bad for you, right?"

I nodded, leaning in to kiss her on the cheek.

I had always hated bad things like cigarettes, drugs and stuff that could possibly be an addiction. I was the person I was, so why would I smoke/do something that would make me into someone I wasn't? It was only bad for your body, and it would destroy your future. I was fortunate to have four best friends who had the same thought about drugs as I did.

"Wow, sometimes I wish you weren't a mummy's boy, 'cause you always listen to every word she says," Gemma said, rolling her eyes.

I pouted my lips at her, letting out a huff. "At least I'm doing what I'm supposed to," I retorted, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Gem, maybe you should take after your brother instead of insulting him," mum suggested, lifting an eyebrow at her.

She shook her head, smiling amusingly. "Whatever, I'll drive you to the party Harry. What time shall we pick up Zayn?"

The conversation continued like that, me and Gemma planning for the party and mum listening to us. When we eventually grew tired of talking, we ended up watching a rerun of 'Britain's got talent.'