Chapter 4 ~ Why Do You Hate Me So Much?

Friday eventually rolled around, and I found myself walking to school with a smile on my face. Today was the day I would hopefully get another reaction than the usual 'get the fuck off me' from Louis.

Maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up too much, though, because I knew that this could fail horribly, but there was at least a chance, so why not be a little happy about it?

Niall had informed me last night that he couldn't drive me to school today. Apparently, he had a doctor's appointment because his knee had been injured ever since he was slide tackled when playing football two months ago. It was a little weird how he hadn't gotten an appointment earlier.

However, I didn't mind walking to school. Walking was good, and I didn't have a long way to commute there anyway.

My first period was English, so when I finally arrived at school, I headed straight there without even stopping at my locker to get rid of my jacket. Mr. Stewart didn't mind us having our outdoor clothing with us as long as they hung on our chairs anyway. Except for hats and caps, that was. They were strictly forbidden.

I stepped into the classroom that was half full and walked over to a desk in the back. Neither Zayn nor Olivia were there yet, so I slumped down in one of the two chairs and waited for them to arrive.

A few minutes later, Zayn sat down in the chair next to me. "Hi there, mate. Where's Niall?" He asked curiously.

"Doctor's appointment," I shrugged. "Where's Olive?" I furrowed my eyebrows, searching the room for her long brown hair and icy blue eyes, but couldn't seem to find them anywhere.

I turned back to Zayn, waiting for an answer. "She stopped in the hallway to talk to that Eleanor girl," He shrugged.

Eleanor was one of the school's most popular girls and the captain of the cheerleading team that supported the basketball players. She had guys following her everywhere, and not to be mean or anything, but she was that kind of girl who mostly just wanted attention and mainly cared about her reputation.

I had never held her high, and the fact that she had clung to me at one of the many parties I had been to didn't help with that. She was just a bit too much and I couldn't really stand her. Olive didn't like Eleanor either, so the only reason she had stopped to talk to her - that I could think of - was because she was on the cheerleading team with her.

I was just about to open my mouth and say something when Louis stepped into the classroom with Liam, making me shut it again. He was wearing a navy blue polo, a pair of dark chinos that were unfolded at the ankles, a grey beanie and his usual black glasses. He was so fucking gorgeous, shit.

My mouth formed an 'o' as I gawked at him like an idiot. It couldn't even be legal to look so good. He was like some sort of god, I wasn't even kidding.

His eyes suddenly met mine and his features immediately hardened, causing my heart to drop a little. Sometime, at least once I wanted to experience how it felt to be the reason for his smile, but considering the way things are at the moment, that would probably never happen.

Instead of showing my inner feelings by giving him a sad look, I glared back at him. He couldn't find out that I liked him, like really, really liked him. That would ruin so much more than what was already ruined.

Averting his gaze from me, he sat down at a desk in the front, Liam following suit. I slumped back in my seat again, letting out a loud sigh and waiting for the teacher to arrive.

Zayn interrupted that thought by kicking my foot under the table. When I turned to him, he nodded towards the classroom door. My head snapped towards the direction of it, seeing Olive in the doorway with Eleanor.