Chapter Seven-Jay

Hello, Lovelies, 

Thank you for reading Dirty Little Flirt!  I hope you're having a great day.  I am sorry to those who read my books on the day my computer decided to go through technical difficulties.  It is working correctly now and I am back on schedule.

I hope you enjoy this chapter.  If you do, please consider voting and commenting.  

-XXXXX Amanda 

**********  

I laid down next to Nica, hoping I could once again give her comfort from the only place I couldn't protect her. I knew about not feeling safe in my dreams. In some of the dreams after that night with Ainsley, I would be arrested for her falsely accusing me of rape. Her laughter would echo off the walls of a jail cell. It was during those times that the true fear of what Ainsley could do, permeated my soul. These dreams usually happened right after I felt the urge to tell what really happened. I had expected a nightmare of the same caliber or worse after telling Nica my deepest, darkest secret but they hadn't. I could assume her acceptance and her presence were the reasons why.

The light blazed through the window, making me shy away from it. I blinked before taking in her beautiful face. Her long lashes cast shadows across her high cheekbones. There was a tint of pink on the skin of her cheeks and though I could have thought it was blush, I didn't. Her full lips were parted in sleep. Her hair curved around her face and down her back. I remembered that Becca had told me she was beautiful with the mixture of her Somoan and African American roots. All I knew was she had the power to take my breath away.

She moved and I averted my eyes. The last thing I wanted was her to find me staring at her while she slept. I didn't want her to think that she had gained the attention of another crazy man.

I glanced toward the window as her voice reached me, gritty with sleep. "Good morning."

I glanced at her, my eyes going wide as she stretched like a cat. There was something sexy about a woman who just woke up with bed hair and no make-up, stretching like a cat but on Nica it was more than sexy. It was breathtaking.

I blinked, realizing I hadn't spoken. "Good morning."

She smirked before her smile widened. Her honey-gold eyes lightened in the first sign of true happiness, I had ever witnessed from her. "It's moving day. Are you sure you don't mind getting my stuff from storage?"

"I don't but I think we both need to take care of something first." She raised her brows. I could see her mind go straight into the gutter. I chuckled. "Breakfast."

The pink tint of her cheeks brightened, telling me the coloring there was part of her and not from some makeup manufacturer.

"MMM...Breakfast." Though she tried to sound bright, the words came off as disappointed.

I grinned. "You don't have to eat breakfast if you don't want to." I licked my bottom lip as her eyes moved to the action. "We could always do something else."

Her eyes widened. "W-What?"

I smirked. "Well, I'm sure you need things for the house. I can take you to the store."

Her eyes narrowed as she caught on to what I was doing. She kicked out causing me to fall off the bed on the floor. She peered over the bed at me and chuckled.

"Becca's right," She said her eyes narrowing. "You're a dirty little flirt."

I leaned up until my face was an inch from hers. "I haven't even got started yet."

She shook her head. "Let's go get breakfast."

She pulled back the blankets, giving me full view of her beautiful legs before moving away from me. I stood up from the floor, following her out the bedroom, feeling lighter than I had in a while.

**********

We ate breakfast and I drove to Becca's and asked to borrow the van that Lance had bought her to move food for catering. When we arrived at the storage unit, I was surprised to find that there were a few boxes that would fill half the van but nothing else.

"What about furniture?" I asked, frowning.

She shrugged. "I'm going to have to buy some."

I raised my brow, "Lena has some of the furniture left from this house. I'm sure she would let you buy it for cheap."

She shook her head. "I can't do that. She's already doing so much for me."

"You would be helping her." I sighed. "She has been trying to get rid of it for a while. It would save money on storage."

"She didn't use it in her new house?" Nica frowned.

"She bought everything new when they moved." He rolled his eyes. "She thought it didn't go with her new home. In other words, my dear little sister found a reason to get rid of Asher's bachelor pad stuff and took it. Asher loves her so much he let her."

"That's true love." She chuckled. "Just like Becca and Lance."

I tilted my head as I studied her. "Have you ever been in love?"

She shook her head. "No." She sighed. "Right now, I would settle for a really good kiss."

I put down the box and moved toward her. Her eyes widened. "What are you doing?"

I smirked. "I'm going to give you a really good kiss."

Before she could say anything, I pulled her against me and pressed my lips against hers. Instead of fighting, she sighed giving me access to her mouth. She tasted of cinnamon, addicting me completely. She gasped as my tongue touched hers. It took every ounce of restraint to pull away. Her eyes moved to mine, still glazed by the same want I was experiencing.

I blinked finally composing myself. "Now that you've had a really good kiss, you can fall in love."

She raised her brows but her breaths were still rushing from her. "Who said it was a good kiss."

"That hitch in your breath, your flushed cheeks and the way that you reacted." I smirked as she hit my arm.

"Becca forgot to tell me you were a cocky, dirty little flirt." She said, shaking her head.

"Because there are things about me that Becca doesn't know and will never know."

Nica moved away from me, glancing toward me with a frown. "We should get the boxes to my new home."

I laughed as I picked up the box. "Nice change of subject. It's a good thing you live next door so I'll be around when you want to change the subject back."

Her mouth fell open as I turned with the box in my hands as I moved away from Nica, knowing that her imagination was offering up everything that could be between us.