Chapter 3

Base Camp Ladakh,

05:00 hrs

 It was just like any other day in general officer's and the soldiers were waking and getting ready for their morning drill and exercise and doing their morning routine as usual but there was a certain calmness in the air today like it was acting like a warning that it's like the calmness you feel before something big and eventful is going to happen. 

Somehow they shrugged off the feeling thinking they were thinking unnecessarily and soon went ahead with their drill.

08:00 hrs 

As soon as the officers returned from their morning drill and exercise and the shift of the duty was to take place something caught their attention it was the warning bell that was blaring continuously that something is definitely wrong. 

Everyone got alert and within 5 minutes everyone got ready as soon as they can and sprinted towards the quarter guard where all the officer's assembled and the remaining soldiers went inside to gather their weapons.

Various whispering and murmuring were taking place around them what's going on, sab theek hai na, are we under attack various speculation were made.

Even in that chaotic situation, there were only two soldiers who were patiently waiting for further orders as they were ready to face any situation at any given point of time. 

Yes, they were none other than Captain Naina and Captain Alekh. 

Alekh- After some time he spoke kya lagta hai Naina aage kya hone wala hai?

 Naina- Pata nhi Alekh bas itna pata hai ki situation bohot tight hai especially two mahine phele jo encounter hua tha uske baad kuch bhi khena mushkil lag raha hai. Khe to tu sahi rahi hai ab dekhte hai aage kya hota hai.

Soon enough Colonel Khanna made his way towards the front. 

Colonel Khanna- Officers as you all are well aware of the fact how tense the current situation is we all have to remain alert at all given time the no of patrol and patrolling officers will be increased from now on since China tried to cross our border a couple of days back it's in our best interest to remain alert and well equipped all the time.

 That's why I have decided that the number of patrols along with the number of soldiers in each round will be increased henceforth now everyone is dismissed.

As soon as every officer started to leave the room Colonel Khanna spoke Captain Alekh and Captain Naina you two will be staying back for now and with that, every other officer started leaving thinking that if they are the ones who are made to stay back it must be serious.

 Whereas Alekh and Naina were sharing a glance with each other knowing that something is definitely wrong and now they have to remain ready for any order's that they are about to receive.

When everyone else was gone and Captain Alekh, Captain Naina, and Colonel Khanna were the only remaining people.

 Colonel Khanna- do you people know why you are the two only people remaining here both of them shake their heads saying no. 

Naina - was the first one to speak saying Sir we might not know the reason why we are the only one who has been stopped but I know one thing for sure that it must be really important.

Colonel Khanna smiled hearing her answer and was really happy since Naina and Alekh were in his battalion as they both were highly skilled officers and he admired them for their hard work. 

Colonel, Khanna- You are right Captain the task is really important and highly confidential not only you two but along with you four other Captains, one Major and four undercover officers will be accompanying you in your mission though the undercover officers will remain hidden for their own security reasons but will be keeping a close eye on the entire mission from a distance whereas the major will be the one heading this entire operation.