Out of Sight ×4.2×

Hey! Thank you soo much for 28k reads! We're almost at 30k (・∀・)!

CHAPTER 32: Overworked

Izuku enthusiastically greeted customers and took note of their orders mentally, whilst Kaki helped with serving the customer's. The place was mostly filled with villains, but he didn't really care because they aren't doing anything harmful to him or to the cafe.

After hearing a few shattering glass cups and a busy day, it was finally the end of his shift. He met most of his co-workers and they were all really friendly, their quirks were quite interesting too.

Besides bumping into a few people and almost falling flat on the floor, Izuku was able to go back to the apartment he and Stain were living in without much of a problem with Kaki as his aid.

He twisted the rusty doorknob and went inside, Kaki made sure to lock the door behind them. As soon as Izuku was inside, he shot his eyes open; seeing as Stain wasn't here yet. The boy rummaged in his small bag, wearing a hoodie and grabbing the owl mask he wore from the makeshift, do it yourself, clothing rack that did not look like one at all. But hey, at least it did the job.

Izuku immediately went out again, the mask already made it so his vision was blocked so he didn't have to make any extra effort to close his eyes.

It was time to save the unheard and the unseen.

-

This unhealthy and exhausting routine continued on every single day. It would be impossible for anyone to work without break all day long, but the male managed to push through. He needed the money; and he needed to save.

Stain was unaware that the boy was overworking himself a bit too much than he should. By the time he gets to the apartment, the latter is already knocked out from all the orders he took and the villains he swept the floor with.

Izuku was currently tending to his daytime job, Kaki telling him that other customer's who have been here has been on their hit list for quite some time. A few of their regulars held a nasty record that only the most ruthless would harbor.

Nonetheless, despite their records.. They were really nice people, this was a full on take of how you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. He was having a blast with the job, and it earned him some cash as well.

He was tired but still held a closed eyed smile that seemed to last for centuries. It was like witnessing a frozen screen.

The boy had the awkward tenderness of someone who wasn't used to being cared about and is forced to improvise.

That's what he looked like to have, but rather it should be the boy has received too much love so suddenly; only to lose it all at once. It was a come and go.

But he had to suck it all up, because he was going to become someone people can admire, someone who didn't disappear because of him. Someone who will live for them. The teen has suffered too much, and that suffering will soon cease.

At least, that's what he hoped.

×

There came a time when Stain and Izuku got to see each other, and once they did, the two hung out and perhaps laughed out loud because of giddy runaways cascading the night. The two roomies barely had any time to chit chat because of their clashing times, and it was the perfect time to make up for all of it.

"Let's have some fun."

------------------

Okaayy, Im sorry for the short chapter! Currently feeling under the weather and I've had frequent headaches so all I could do was respond to messages and show my gratitude for voting. The next chapter will be longer, I promise!

Seeya on the next chapter!