Out of Sight ×5.0×

hi ! i hope you didn't forget about this book.

Italicized text in this chapter may also mean blurred dialogue !

.. .-.. --- ...- . -.-- --- ..- .. .-.. --- ...- . -.-- --- ..-

Chapter 40: Dead End

"Isn't this... a tracking device?"

•••

Back to before Izuku got kidnapped :

'Things ain't looking right with her.' Kaki was suspicious of the girl who looked at him and Izuku with the same eyes he used to look at the people he's killed. No, not with Izuku's body, but with his past body.

"I just found someone who'll be back to us soon." She giggled.

'Yeah, no. That definitely sounds suspicious.'

-

Kaki grabbed an emergency tracking device he prepared while Izuku wasn't paying attention, for situations wherein he might not be there for Izuku, such as his quirk getting disabled, whether it may Aizawa—  ..Oh wait, nevermind.

Kaki never found the chance to hand it over to anyone, seeing as he wasn't in any danger throughout the day, however he was quite bothered with Izuku's constant blubbering about the girl's strange remark. He was disturbed quite enough for Tadashi to give him a break, which lessens the risk of getting into any unwanted trouble.

Yet, he was quite wrong.

As Kaki was still on watch, Izuku clocked out for now and left through the back door as would most employees do.

He acted quick. Before they both could get fully wrapped in that rope surrounded by mist only a few could see, Kaki managed to sneak away the tracking device without anyone noticing, even Izuku. The tracker was located on his hip, he was sure no one would check there.

Kaki felt a familiar darkness surround him as Izuku gets completely bound in that rope.

•••

"Why is there a tracking device here‽" Nezu gasped, causing Stain's bothered state to jumble again; he truly cared about the kid, he was someone he could call his student after all.

His eyes focused on the faint green dot blinking at him, reminding Stain of his student who looked at him with those pure, green eyes. Whether Izuku ran away or got kidnapped, he didn't deserve any of this.

Nezu quickly dialed All Might's number, "All Might, please tell the heroes to come to the location I'll be sending, please be quick. We've possibly found a lead that might lead us to Midoriya." He murmured hastily,

"Really‽ Thank god, most of the heroes you've requested have already arrived, so we'll be there shortly." All Might responded, Nezu could faintly hear the heroes voices he was most acquainted with.

As he dropped the call, Nezu typed as fast as he could with his stubby paws, or fingers if you would prefer.

-

They decided to meet in Yokohama after Nezu and Stain deduced that the boy was somewhere in that city. The two waited for the heroes to arrive, which wasn't long. Nezu had requested Best Jeanist, Edgeshot, Midnight, and Kamui Woods to assist the three. They all decided to meet at a place that was secluded, they didn't want to disturb any civilians and cause any unnecessary attention at night.

Nezu showed everyone the small tracking device, it looked rather cheap and old according to one of the pro-heroes, Midnight, but at least it did the job. The tracking device was duplicated by one of the pro-hero's sidekicks and was given to each hero present.

And so they went to search, all going into small groups, except All Might who's going alone, to go to different directions but the same destination, everyone had their personal routes that they think is the fastest.

-

All of them relatively arrived at the exact time with a few groups arriving just a few minutes late due to villains, however that shouldn't be the concern as of now. All Might remembered this place, it was where Aizawa or Eraserhead had found the student and his sidekick, or so he was told.

Without much surprise, All Might busted the door down with his fist, a large crack that resounded the quiet place which little to no people, it was rather suspicious that there was a man punching a door down but they were either too tired to care or drunk out of their minds.

What they saw rather shocked them, they didn't see Izuku anywhere, yet there was not a source of life inside the bar. The light was still blinking, on the same spot where the tracker is.

"Where is he?"

.. -- .. ... ... -.-- --- ..- .-- .... . .-. . .- .-. . -.-- --- ..-

Guess you'll have to wait more months to see what happens, or possibly soon? That depends. Gbye!