Out of Sight ×3.1×

CHAPTER 21: Hero Sports Festival (Pt.3)

"Izuku Midoriya from Class 1-A!!"

-
The crowd roared loudly, some stood from their seats. His face was broadcasted all over the web.

He had a gentle, closed-eye smile while he heard their cheers.

"Ah..hey, isn't he that kid who got the nomu?" Snipe muttered as a fellow pro-hero nodded

But alast, there is always the dark side of things.

"What a hero," he mocked. "We've got you now, Izuku. Sensei will be happy to get you back.."

Soon after the green-head finished, the two followed after. Todoroki getting 2nd and Katsuki getting 3rd place.

The heterochromiac teen patted the boy's head, congratulating him.

"That was really good, Midoriya. You deserve it." He smiled, as Izuku attempted to look his way.

"Thanks, Todoroki-kun! You played smartly, I would've still struggled with that large crowd earlier if you hadn't told me about your plan." He chuckled.

"And now they're finishing one after another!!!" Present Mic announced as students slowly finished the obstacle race.

"Now! Look at the results!" Midnight gestured to the screen as it showed the student's places. They showed their class, their name and their picture on the board. "The top 42 made it to the next round, it's unfortunate but don't worry even if you didn't make it! We've prepared other chances for you to take the spotlight." She licked her lips.

"The real competition begins next! The press cavelry will be all over it. Give it your all!" She waved her whip as the second competition was about to be decided. "Now then, here is the second game. I already know what it is, but what could it be? What could it be..? I just said it, and now here it is.."

// Cavalry Battle! //

The screen stopped as the students took a moment to actually comprehend the second game.

"A cavalry battle‽ Darn, im bad at those."

"It's not an individual event so I wonder how it'll work."

"Woah! A calvary battle! So exciting."

The students murmured about the game they were going to compete in.

"Let me explain! The participants can form teams of two to four people as they wish. It's basically the same as a regular cavalry battle, but the one thing  that's different is..based on the results of the last game. Each person has been assigned a point value.

"A point-based battle just like that entrance exam,huh? That's easy to understand." A student from Class A muttered.

"In other words,each team is worth different points depending on who's on the team." Uraraka made a statement that Mina agreed to.

"You guys don't hold back even though im talking,huh?!" Midnight shouted, "Yes.. that's right. And the points assigned by five starting from the very bottom!" The R-Rated pro hero smirked.

"42nd place has 5 points, 41st place gets 10 points! And the point value assigned to first place is.."

"Ten Million!" She shouted, alarming the students and almost giving the green-head an unexpected heart attack.

"T..Ten million‽" Izuku muttered as most students looked at him, determination pumping through their veins.

"In other words, if you take down the first place player's team.. you can stand at the top no matter what place you're in!" Everyone was starting to plan on targeting the poor young boy.

"That's right..Its survival of the fittest, with a chance for those at the bottom to overthrow the top! Those at the top will suffer more. You'll here this many times as you attend U.A, this is what Plus Ultra means!" Midnight grinned seeing the power-hungry faces from the students.

"Now then, let me explain the rules of the cavalry battle! The time limit is 15 minutes. Each team is worth the total of it's members points, and the riders will wear a headband with that number on their foreheads. Teams will try to grab eachother's until time runs out and try to keep as many points as they can! Stolen headbands must be wore from the neck up. So the more you steal, the harder it will be to manage them! And the most important thing is, that even if your headband gets stolen or if your team falls, you're not out!"

"Which means.. since there are 42 people there will be 10 or 12 teams on the field the whole time?" One asked themselves.

"Thats tough!"

"One strategy is to let someone take your points first so you'll be more free." Mina suggested.

"It's hard to say without seeing how all the points end up getting split up, Mina-chan." Asui answered.

"During the game it'll be a cruel fight where you can use your quirks, but it is still a cavalry battle. You'll get a red card for attacks that are trying to make people fall on purpose. You'll be removed immediately!" She announced.

"Now then, you have 15 minutes to build your teams..Start!!" Students began to disperse and tried to persuade for the other to team.

Two individuals patted Izuku's shoulders, giving him quite the scare.

"Midoriya"

"Zu-kun."

"Uwaah! Toshi, Todoroki-kun! Would you like to team up with me..?" He asked. As the two smiled, "Why would I even come here if I didn't want to team, stupid." Shinso answered, as Todoroki told him the same.

"Eh‽ That's so unfair, I was gonna ask you to team up with me, Todoroki-kun." Mina pouted, soon excusing herself to try and persuade Katsuki. Just as he was about to answer, an eccentric looking female came to them.

"Hey! Let's team up. You have room for one more person,right? Im Mei Hatsume from the Support Course, it'll be such an advantage to show off my babies with the first-placer on my team!" She explained whole-heartedly, her eyes shining.

"Ah,uhm.. Yes, sure? Hi! Im Izuku Midoriya." Izuku extended a hand a few centimeters off from her. Nontheless, she maneuvered a bit and shook his hand rather excitedly.

"So now we're a full team?" Shinso muttered as the 3 nodded at him. The other teams from the classes are planning to overthrow not only the ones at the very top, but Class A in general.

"Let's let that arrogant Class A know, guys." The same blonde male with blue eyes from a few weeks back said, eager to humiliate them.

"Now then, it's about time to get started!" Midnight chimed right after the timer ran out.

"Hey come on, wake up Eraser! It's starting." Present Mic nudged him as the underground hero woke up.

"After fifteen minutes to form teams and talk about strategies, twelve cavalry teams are lined up on the field!"

"There are some interesting teams down there." Aizawa observed the teams formed at the field.

"Now.. Raise those battle cries! It's time for U.A's bloody battle!"

"Light the signal fire!!"

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Looks like this'll be five parts. Im drained, kinda hard to explain the competitions by memory. Anyways, see you at Pt.4!!