A Small Job with Wendy

Start from the beginning

We kept on looking for the ingredients that are on the list. After few seconds of searching, we have found the same herb which is the same on the list.

Wendy collected lots of them, then we continued our search. Another of the ingridients was some rare mushroom which isn't poisonious. Of course, I've picked a lots of them so the employer doesn't rung out of the stock for few months.

We continued to search for more of the ingredients until we managed to find all of them and more than the required amount.

"Alright then. Let's go back to the client's house and hand him over the ingredients for medicine." Lucy said, after which a growl was heard.

Wendy yelped "What was that?!"

Just then, a large wolf jumped out of nowhere. It has deep black fur, red eyes and it was around a height of an average humans.

The wolf howled, which caused more wolves to appear out of nowhere. We were completely sourrounded with no way out.

"What kind of wolves are these?! They are inhumanly huge!" Lucy said "Are these the beasts our client was talking about?!"

Wendy felt nervous "I've never seen anything like that. I think they look really hungry." She said in a whimper.

I grinned "Well, now I'm all fired up. Time to roast some wolves!"

Just then, one of the wolves leaped towards us. I punched him away with the Fire Dragon's Iron Fist and it was sent flying somewhere else.

The wolf quickly got up and growled. The rest of the pack lunged at us as all of us prepared to fight.

Lucy transformed into Star Dress: Taurus Form and kicked one of the wolves in its face. She then took out her whip and used it to grab another wolf, after which she sent the wolf flying into the other.

I casted Fire Dragon's Claw and struck another wolf in the face. Then, I saw one of them charging towards me, at which I used my Fire Dragon's Roar onto it. The wolf was sent flying back into a tree along with two others.

Wendy used her Sky Dragon's Claw spell and kicked one of the wolves, after which she used Sky Dragon's Wing Attack to send four more of them flying.

One of the other wolves went after the young Dragon Slayer, but Lucy swiftly stepped in between the two and punched the wolf away from Wendy.

Happy transformed into his human form and took out his shortswords as he charged at one of the wolves, who charged back. He sliced the wolf two times which caused it to fall onto the ground completely dead.

Carla also transformed into her human and attacked one of the wolves with a swift kick in its head. After that, she attacked another wolf with a punch in its belly.

The fight lasted for about thirty minutes because the wolves were very persistent, but we eventually managed to defeated them all.

Lucy is breathing heavily "Darn these beasts! I've never seen wolves this big before!" She said "I mean, I never saw anything like that in Fiore!"

I shrugged "Don't look at me. I don't know what what those wolves were, but I wonder how they taste."

Wendy sweatdropped "Really, Natsu? Is there anything you don't like to put in your mouth and chew?" She asked.

"Anyways." Lucy spoke "Let's go back and hand over the ingredients to our client. I think he must be waiting for quite a while."

And with that, we all went back to the client's house. Once we came, our employer was suprised and relieved we made it back alive in one piece.

"Thank God." He said while sighing in relief "I almost thought I sent three young people to their deaths."

I grinned "Well, you should know better than to underestimate us."

"Maybe I really should." The client said with a chuckle "And I can see you brought back more than I asked for. Anyways, here is your reward. I hope we can do business in the future."

He gave us the said amount of money that was written on the flyer. We then bid the client goodbye and went to the train station so we could go back to our apartment in Zephyrus.

Unfortunately (at least for Lucy), the last train for Zephyrus just left and my girlfriend sighed. We decided to walk back there on foot.

Lucy growled "I can't believe we were late on the train. And it will going to take us three days to get back to our apartment in Zephyrus." She spoke in frustration "We should have moved to Bosco instead of this large country."

I shrugged "Who cares. We will need to find one of those Black Weapons to get ourselves into Shadow Crusaders guild. Despite having standards, they at least aren't jerks like Phantom Lord or Sabertooth before they lost at the Grand Magic Games."

After walking for the whole day, night has fallen and we've decided to make camp inside the forest. I used my fire to make campfire and we sat down.

The five of us were talking for a while and ate some food Lucy bought in the town before we left. After that, we all went to sleep.

____________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Chapter finished. I hope all of you enjoyed it. See you all next time and have a nice day!