The first job

A/N: Here you go. The new chapter of this book is here. Hope you enjoy.

(Lucy p.o.v)

The next day when we slept at the hotel, we checked out and decided to explore some other towns.

I bought a map from the tour guide agency. After we left, we checked the map

"Hmm, there are a lot of cities in this kingdom. It's no wonder since it is the biggest kingdom in this continent. I  believe we should check out this town called Solum." I suggested.

Natsu and Happy nodded. We went to the train station to get on the town Solum.

We got our tickets and had to wait for our train for 4 hours. Natsu spoke "Should we go find some work when we get there? I'm kind of bored."

I nodded in approval "Alright, but don't wreck anything. We don't want to be banished from this kingdom on the second day. Plus, God knows what Fairy Tail could be planning."

He nodded and just then the train came. We entered it and took the seats.

"Where should we settle? Maybe somewhere in the forest?" Happy asked.

I rolled my eyes "Like I would do that! God knows what sort of monsters could be lurking there."

Natsu chuckled and spoke "Well, we can't just rent a place to sleep every time we go somewhere. It would be too expensive."

Now to think about it, he is right. Well, I guess we have to get more money to earn. Maybe even join a new guild, but when Natsu is ready since what happened with Fairy Tail.

Once the train started moving, Natsu immediately got sick and his head fell right into my lap. I giggled and started ruffling his hair.

It going to be a long ride till we get there.

*time skip*

After two hours of riding (in Natsu's case, torture), we arrived to Solum and went to look for a job for mages.

We asked around and just when we were about to give up, an old lady spoke "The Mayor has a job for mages. Go to the city hall and he will explain it to you."

Me and Natsu nodded as we went to the city hall. Once we got there, we asked the receptionist to let us see the Mayor for the job he has for mages.

She nodded and told us to wait for a while as she walked to the Mayor's office.

"So, what could this job be about? Capturing some thieves?" Natsu asked.

I shrugged "Guess we will have to find out for few hours."

An hour later, the receptionist came back and spoke "The Mayor will see you right now. Go and take the last door on the right."

"Alright. Thank you, miss." I said as she smiled at us.

We went to the Mayor's office and knocked. The male voice spoke "Come in!"

We did what we were told and the man with black hair and green eyes asked us to sit down.

After we did, he spoke "Honestly. I was expecting someone from Shadow Crusaders to come do this job, but I suppose anything is better than nothing. I'll get right to business.

You see, there is some group of bandits causing trouble near our town. They have hideout somewhere in the forest and it is very well hidden. I will give you 150,000 jewels if you manage to capture them."

We both nodded and I spoke "We will capture those bandits for you, Mr Mayor. We will find them and bring them to the custody."

He nodded "Alright. I'll let you kids do your job. Now if you'll excuse me, I have an important meeting to attend."