Chapter 16- Thalia

Waking up in the hospital again was not on Thalia's plans. In fact all this in the hospital was messing up her drinking time. Her head hurt horrifically. Her throat was parched. Her body ached and somewhere along the line part of her brain registered that she was being attacked by a girl she didn't know.

"Oh my Gods. Oh my Gods!" The girl sobbed onto her shoulder. Why the Hell was she crying? Shit, this was Nico's shirt.

"You...you're alive!" The girl cried, partially on top of Thalia, "and you saved him! Jason! I don't know what to say!"

"Get off." Thalia croaked.

The girl startled backwards. Was she turning red? She had sparking, watery eyes, and choppy brown hair. She was wiping away tears.

"Water?" Thalia croaked a little more. Hell, she didn't want water. She wanted something a little stronger, vodka maybe.

The girl nodded, and grabbed a cup from the nightstand beside the bed.

The water tasted like ash. Her throat burned and she almost choked it back up.

"Whoa, oh my gods!" The girl said again. She back the cup and Thalia wiped the excess water off her chin.

She looked up at the girl and she with a roll of her eyes. "Who the Hell are you?" She asked.

"Piper." She said almost taken aback.

"Great. Got a last name?" Thalia asked rolling her shoulders painfully. Her headache felt like someone was banging on her skull with a club.

"I...don't use it." Piper said.

Thalia nodded. She knew what it was like to not use a last name. She hated her own last name. "Where's Nico?"

Thalia didn't know how to feel about the skinny boy in black. But she thought they were friends, or at least knew each other well enough for him to be here. What she wouldn't give to be sitting with him eating candy bars like a day or two ago.

"Who?"

Thalia looked at Piper. She couldn't be serious could she? "The skinny pale kid who ears black all the time? Nico Di Angelo? He was with me when we ran into the movie theater parking lot."

Piper shook her head.

He hadn't been here, at all?

Thalia knew something had been bothering him. She remembered crashing into him on her search in the cold. Right before her phone went off. Right before the explosion. He had a freaked look in his eyes, the type deer got after they knew a Hunter was after them.

He wouldn't tell her what happened, but she knew it was something more than the strange playing card she'd found in Bianca's pants.

Then she'd gotten the phone call from a person who hadn't called her in a while.

Her mom.

"Where's Jason?" Thalia asked out loud.

Piper let a huge smile form back on her face. Thalia shrugged away, staring at her warily.

"He's in the next room. He's alive." Piper said more tears falling. "He's alive. Thank you."

The girl hugged Thalia again and Thalia wasn't sure what to do. Pat her on the back? Shove her off? Luckily Piper pulled away again.

"I need to speak to him." Thalia said, she pushed back the hospital bed sheets. Piper stuttered something, before posing her back down, with an usual amount of force.

"Let me up." Thalia growled, "I need to talk to him now."

"Are you his girlfriend?" Piper asked.