Prologue

"Say anything, to anyone, and I will kill you."

There was already enough wrong with these lives. Enough secrets to bury them. Enough to suffocate them under the weight of the world.

"I'm sorry, sir, she's not coming home."

There was already pain. Hurt. Just pile it on. Life was cruel. There was no mistaking it.

"I won't go back, not now. Not ever."

Lies they wore like a second skin. A facade that never let up. The screams that no one else seemed to hear in the night.

"He's a creepy emo. I heard he pushed his own sister into the moving car...."

They didn't know how far their whispers carried. They didn't know the dagger of pain that they threw. They didn't know how they left these tortured souls bleeding out.

"Even if there was anyone listen, she can't talk, the stupid freak."

They had problems. They needed to let it out. Just because they didn't say anything didn't mean they couldn't hurt.

"IM RIGHT HERE! I'M YOUR DAUGHTER! Listen to me...please..."

The ones who should've cared, should've saved them hurt them the worse. Family, friends, someone should've noticed. But They didn't.

"You promised eight dollars an hour! I worked everyday last month...."

Some people didn't realize the pain they were stacking onto others. They definitely didn't realize when the others were near breaking point.

"Hey bitch, where did you get your clothes? Forever 1896?"

When did it stop? When would they receive that grand prize for being good kids? When were they saved?

"Just a little more, to help me forget. After that I swear I'll stop...."

Sometimes those lies hurt the worse.

The lies they said at night when they cried themselves to sleep. The lies they knew were not the truth.

Because only one thing mattered.

Keep it a secret.

Silence is Golden.

~Cover made by the ever talented @Always_Loves_Books! Please check her out!