Chapter 14- Frank

Outside was chaos. More than chaos. Everyone was yelling, someone was screaming, Frank's ears were ringing. Piper was crying. Hazel wouldn't leave his side. Leo was moaning his head donned a new bruise in the back. He'd barely known Jason for five minutes and the guy hadn't come out yet. Smoke billowed into the sky.

Ambulances wailed their sirens. Police cars were every where. Frank recognized the girl who's come running in with the boy. The mute girl who he met at the library.

Something bad must have happened. Something really ready bad. Jason hadn't come out. Neither had the mute girl. The girl that had been carrying the ticket stand guy, Chris, had charged through the back door coughing as she fell to the ground. The medics immediately took them to an ambulance. Piper had tried running back into the burning building, and was still screaming against the police.

They'd threatened to sedate her if she didn't calm down.

Frank gripped Hazel's hand, like a reassurance in this crazy mess.

The monsters had dispersed as soon as the grenade went off. Only a couple stayed but they left when the last police car showed up. None of them got caught. Frank didn't ready care at the moment. He kinda liked the fact he was breathing and alive more.

Frank held his breath waiting for Jason to come out. Hazel had silent tears down her face. Frank gave her hand a squeeze, a failed conniving attempt.

Two people ran through the crowd going completely through the police tape. People yelled at them, but they didn't seem to care.

They both wore black, but the girl had bright blue highlights to match.

"Jason!" She screamed, "Jase!"

Frank had no clue who this girl was, but she shoved off an oppressive officer and charged into the building.  The boy who'd come with her, let his yell die in his throat. His eyes looked tired like he hadn't slept in a couple nights.

An officer grabbed the boys arm roughly like it was all his fault for the explosion. And dragged him towards one of the cars.

Leo crawled to where they were, his head bandaged with white gauze. His eyes were glazed, and he bit his lip.

"Damnit, Jason. Come on!" Leo muttered, what everyone was thinking. Where was he?

Frank leapt to his feet. Smoke poured out the door, but someone trudged through it. They collapsed to the ground, with the dark fog rolling of them. It was a girl. The mute girl with the boy that had run in right before the bomb.

The medics ran up taking the boy gently and expertly to the ambulance, the girl was put an oxygen mask. She looked like she was crying, but no sound came out. The medics were taking to her asking questions and she couldn't reply.

"JASON!" Piper screamed again. Flames devoured the building. With a horrendous crash the front of the building caved in and the entire place was coated in debris and smoke.

Hazel gasped and turned to cry into Frank's shoulder. Leo clenched his hands into fists, hanging his head. Piper sobbed. Where the Hell were the firefighters?

Then Frank gasped, the side window off the building exploded outward. Two figures went tumbling to the ground rolling over each other. Second later the rest of the building dropped to the ground. Both figures were covered in soot and debris.

One raised her head, the girl who'd gone running into the fire. She looked ready to pass out. The doctors grabbed her and the other figure pulling them to the medical camp they set up.

Piper sobbed harder, Hazel looked up to the sky muttering some type of thank you prayer. Leo sighed with relief and fell over.

Jason was unconscious. His hair dark enough to be coal with the amount of soot in it. His head was messy with...was that blood?! His skin was pale, like he was already a corpse.