Chapter 6- Hazel

Hazel didn't have a real family. She never had a s sibling. Her dad had left when he found out her mom was pregnant and her mom died in child birth. Sometimes Hazel would lay in her bed and fantasize what her mother would do when she found Hazel crying into her pillow every night.

It probably wasn't, stare blankly at her before turning away. It probably wasn't a poorly sympathetic pat on the back, as she walked by without a word. All Hazel knew was that from her foster families. She'd been bounced around so many times she'd get confused with which was which.

And after crying, Hazel would remember one little thing about her current situation. She wasn't real. And then she'd sob a little harder.

That's how things worked in the Di Angelo household. She wasn't real. She was not Hazel Levesque, only daughter to Marie Levesque. She was a cheap replacement.

A replacement for Bianca Di Angelo.

The sister adored by Nico Di Angelo. The perfect daughter bragged about by the ever rich, ever busy, Hades Di Angelo. The confident, supportive friend of almost everyone in school.

And Hazel knew she'd never replace Bianca.

She wasn't pretty like the pictures showed her to be. She wasn't confident like the stories said she was. She had no clue how to be a sister, and never knew what Hades wanted.

And when she was at school, she didn't even know how to stick up for herself.

"Hazel, please stop crying." A voice said comforting, from beyond the tin metal stall door. "Let me in."

Hazel wiped the stream of tears off her cheek. Her wrist came back with a liquid black smudges. Hazel sobbed harder.

"Hazel!" The voice outside snapped, "Open this door right now!"

The tears made everything blurr together.

"Ughhh!" The voice outside groaned, "I'm trying to help Levesque! Stop pushing me away!"

"Just...go away... Selina."

"Maybe I will!" There was a stomping and silence other than Hazel's sobs.

"Damnit!" Selina cried, "Hazel, get out of there you're ruining your mascara!"

As far as friends go, Selina Beauregard was Hazel's only friend. If that. She was loyal...to her make up. She was nice but Hazel knew she only hung around her because her OCD hated seeing Hazel's make up, messed up.

"We have class in four minutes Hazel!" Selina urged, "Your Smokey eye takes slightly longer than that, alone!"

"Just go!" Hazel cried, hiccuping between words "I'll do...my own...today!"

"But-but!"

"GO!"

Hazel could imagine how furious Selina was. She wasn't quite sure the tile floor didn't crack when she stomped away.

Drew had "accidentally" shoved her head into a water fountain. So her hair was soaked, her dress which she just bought and a size too small was wet, her make up ruined. And her self confidence had been crushed almost a year ago.

Carefully, cautiously, Hazel opened the stall door.

The mirrors must have been broken. She couldn't look this bad. Her hair had twisted itself into a rat's nest of curls. Her face was streaked with black mascara, eye liner, and her eye shadow like a rainbow decided to throw up on her. She tugged at the chafing collar on her dress. The ribbon belt around her waist felt like someone had tied a noose around her middle.