Chapter 13- Jason

It wasn't suppose to be a horror movie. Jason didn't like horror movies. The blood and the guts and the flashy explosions were never his style.

But even as Leo grabbed his arm and Piper screamed and Hazel grabbed onto Frank like they were connected, Jason had a terrifying epiphany. His life had just become a horror story.

It started at about six o'clock. Jason headed to the school parking lot. The walk was long and slightly cold. He hushed in his jacket annoyed that he could see his own breath in the air.

The parking lot was mostly empty, except for his car and a couple of the teachers cars. When he got there a funny noise was coming from the front of the car.

He was supposed to see Leo whistling and working under with the hood up. The small kid didn't seemed to mind the cold happily whistling away. The weird, half burned Dragon thing was clipped to his shoulder. Leo had grease smeared on his face and his mechanic goggles on his forehead almost like a head band.

"Oh hey." He said without looking up he tapped something inside the car with his screwdriver and smiled.

Jason's lip hurt still. Annoyingly. Piper had told him that's what he got from trying to steal from the impish Latino with a stapler.

"You know usually when you need a car fixed, you leave the keys with the mechanic." Leo said pulling a towel from his waistband, tool belt that always seemed to wear cleaning his hands.

"Sorry." Jason said.

"Would you like to do the honors?"Leo motioned to the drivers door. Jason nodded and he opened the side door. He inserted his keys and turned the ignition. The car purred to life, and Jason let out a grateful sigh. Leo let out a "Whoop!" and did a small victory dance.

"Still got it!" He yelled. And Jason couldn't help but frown.

"Thanks, Leo, seriously." Jason said, "but can I ask you a question?"

"You just did, but whatever." Leo said picking up his assortment of tools from off the ground.

"Why do you need a train ticket to Canada?"

Leo froze for a moment weighing a wrench in his hand, almost as if debating whether or not to use it to hit Jason in the face again. But finally Leo sighed and dropped the tool in with the rest his equipment in his tool box.

"I'm not comfortable here." Leo said, "This place just isn't my style. It's not like anyone would miss me anyway."

Jason frown deepened. "What about your family? Friends?"

Leo laughed, though it was painfully forced, "My dad hadn't shown his face to me in like...ever, and my friends are non-existent."

"What about your mom?"

It seemed to be a sore spot for Leo. His forced smiled dropped off entirely. "She's dead." Leo looked away for a second and a grim smiled appeared, "but my foster Parents though, I'd like to see their faces when I don't come home for Christmas. Stinking Bastards don't even care a little bit..."

Jason's fingers tightened a little over the steering wheel. He opened his mouth to say something, but got cut off by the weirdest noise ever. Leo raised an eyebrow.

"It's not the car." He said.

Jason dug his phone from his pocket, a text message lighting up the screen. His phone vibrated once more and the engine ended abruptly.

"How did she even get my number?" Jason asked quizzically. He opened the message from Piper, sighing a bit.

Movies tonite? You game? Just Me and a friend and you? Eight or nine-ish?