Chapter 20

Hello all. I probably won't be posting for a week because classes in our country have already started and I want to prepare myself and get used to the schedule I had set for myself. But don't worry much, if I get the energy to write this week, I'll post a chapter.

Expected update of two chapters: August 22 and August 24.

I'm also trying to finish my book to make it to the Watty's.

~

The entrance of the dormitory was flocking with students. There were those that sat down on the stairs in and out of the building, and of course, there were those rushing to go back to their rooms. As I climbed up, I noticed somebody at the entrance who smiled brightly at me – Owen.

Realizing a second later, I turned back and walked down with my eyes wide open. This was awkward. For a moment there, my head was completely devoid of any natural-looking reactions. I convinced myself to pace faster, so that I could get out of this weird predicament I am in.

'Why are you running?' I looked back to see him laughing at me, acting casually as if we didn't have that moment. Blankly staring at him, I left my jaw hanging from loss of words.

'Peter? What are you doing there?' He walked closer to me while I took three steps backwards, wanting to enforce a safe distance between us. My body wasn't aware of the riser of the stairs; hence, I fell onto the ground after taking one more step backwards. I felt a tight grip on my wrist pulling me upwards, stopping a hilarious incident that could possibly haunt me for days.

'You okay? You seem so lost?' He asked, worry apparent on his face. 'You're weird.'

No, you're weird. Why was he acting like nothing happened? Technically, nothing did happen, but I know that something changed after we got back to our rooms. Or maybe, it's just me and my crazy imagination. I must be so tired from the exams, huh? He flashed me another smile, before finally letting go of my wrist.

I observed his outfit, from his shoes to his hair. He wore a fitted dark blue shirt, a black tie, and a black pants. He leaned on a wall as I fixed my myself. I looked at him again. He does have the fittings of a model: perfect face and body. That thought had been in my mind for a long time, I just dismiss it for obvious reasons.

'I'm okay,' I said hesitantly. 'I, uhh. I forgot something –' My mind stopped for a second, thinking of a plausible reason for my strange behavior. It had been over 10 seconds since I left him hanging, and my mind still couldn't produce logical explanations. '– my notes!'

Before I ran away from him, he stopped me and grabbed my wrist yet again. My heart extremely raced and I felt goosebumps from this uncomfortable yet sensible grip of his. I found myself staring at him, where I used the apparent reason of his abrupt action to get more without him noticing anything weird from me.

'You're going now?' His eyes gleamed as if it was telling me not to go. I nodded in response. 'Can I hang by later at yours. I'm uninspired, so please?'

'Sure, but I really have to go Owen,' I replied. 'See you later.'

After being released from his grip, I ran and quickly turned to the nearest block. I sat down on the streets, my mind overloading and unable to process everything. So much questions in my head, and all I could do was stare blankly at the opposite building. The frigid wind brushed against my skin, sending shivers all over my pale body, in which I blew warm air onto my chilly hands.

I closed my eyes with the hopes of forgetting everything. The way I acted wasn't something I wanted to get in the way of my life, friendships, and almost about everything. Complications concerning my emotional state is the last thing I needed now, or even back then.