Chapter 16

Hey! I've updated early because I won't be posting any new chapters within 4-5 days because I haven't wrote new chapters at all. So, I'm planning on stockpiling about 5-6 chapters this time, hopefully finishing this book before the submission date for the Watty's.

Also, please do follow me for more updates.

~

We were near our rooms when I asked Henry, 'Is your, uhh, face okay?'

'It is,' he chuckled. 'Don't worry about it too much.'

'Thanks,' I said.

'For what?'

'For doing that,' I said under my breath. 'I couldn't move.'

'It was nothing.'

At the moment, I felt butterflies in my stomach. There's this build-up inside of me that wants to get out, seek to connect with others. It's like the linchpin that is used to hold the axle of my wheel is missing, making it unable to hold onto that the link. I get it, I'm making mechanical references and it might seem it's not my expertise, but that's the best representation of what I am feeling currently.

'I have something to ask,' he stopped.

'What is it?'

I turned my back slowly and nervously, my instincts telling me that a looming danger is present.

'Is Owen like that?'

'Huh? Oh, oh! Yeah, no,' I panicked. 'What do you mean?'

'He's like avoiding me and being too formal when I talk to him ever since last night,' he paced himself. 'Weird.'

'Don't mind it,' I said. 'He's been acting grumpy and sweet all over. I think it depends on his mood.'

'Really?'

'Of course,' I said, opening my door when we stopped in front of my room. 'I'll just go get my things.'

*

'I can't seem to get it,' I said in frustration. 'Dam this short height.'

I stood on my chair which was placed in front of my closet, reaching for the handouts I've placed last time. Why is it there? It's because my table is a mess and I didn't have any other choice. I can't place it on the ground, some of it might get lost and so, I decided to just put it at the top of my closet.

'You fine there, Peter?' Henry, who I didn't know was waiting for me outside, said.

'Yes, I'm fine,' I shouted. 'I can't seem to reach my notes.'

I tiptoed, wanting to have an extra inch of a push to reach those papers. My hands were covered with dust as they were searching blindly.

'One minute, I'm almost done.'

'Okay. I'm gonna wait here.'

Two minutes have elapsed, and I'm still stuck trying to grab them. I took a deep breath and told myself that this is going to be the last time and I will succeed.

When my hands finally found and grabbed the handouts, Henry walked in and yelled,' I'm coming in,' which made me fall onto the ground. He ran to me with a concerned face.

My head was in his arms, lying there as if waiting to be saved. I was in a vulnerable position and yet again, I didn't know what to do or react. I could clearly see his face from every minute detail to those charming hazel eyes. I have never noticed this, but he has freckles, they're only visible up close.