Chapter:32

"Tess?" I called my friend.

"Yes?" She asked.

"What are your Christmas plans?" I asked.

She had some weird expression on her face but she covered it before I can contemplate.

"I don't know we all might meet go to meet my parents for Thanksgiving for dinner and also we are having an early Thanksgiving party at our office and for Christmas we might go to our beach house". She said.

"Okay but when are we getting presents for everyone?" I asked.

"Oh crap!" She exclaimed realising she forgot about them.

"I guess we can call Ams and we all can have a girl's day out after lunch and this cleaning gets over?" I asked.

"Yes! That would be great". She exclaimed.

"Oh yeah mom called the other day she said you have to come for the Thanksgiving dinner and that is what I meant by we". She said.

"Okay". I said because I know disagreeing would be wrong and Maddison Clarke will personally call me and I learnt this from the past experience and at that time I was on my way to India so she let me go.

The guys enter my room where my friend and I were discussing.

"What are we ordering for lunch?" Tyson asked.

"Why do you want to order food from outside I can whip something quickly". I said getting up from the floor.

"You would get tired it's better if we order". Tyler reasoned.

"Oh me and Tess are making something at home and I am making something Indian I am homesick, how about aloo paratha (potato stuffed flat bread)?" I asked.

"Less butter, please". Tyson said sarcastically.

"Sure". I told him with a cheeky smile.

"Homie, you should never tell her what not to do did you forget". Tyler said with his eyebrow arched.

"Oh shit! I-" He was cut off by me.

"Too late". I said and Tess and I made the exit.

Me and butter don't go well because I eat butter and cheese at an unhealthy level can you blame me for it? Ofcourse not I was practically dipped in butter, vegetable fats (ghee) and cheese from the time I was born and I cannot remove my Indianness from me even if I am out of India.

We reached into the kitchen and as I had told Tess she washed the potatoes and have put them to boil while I made the green chutney (mint and coriander dip).

"Here we present Ms. Mehta with her chef like cooking skills". Tess said while recording me on her phone.

I just threw my head back laughing and shook head at her antics.

"So chef what's cooking?" She asked me still recording.

"So today we have aloo paratha or stuffed potato flat Indian bread as we say". I said while peeling the boiled potatoes.

I mashed all the potatoes and completed the seasonings.

"Tess, check the seasonings?" I told her as she was doing something on her phone.

"Perfect". She said.

"Shall I help?" She added.

"No I am almost done can you just blend something to drink with it please?" I asked.

"Okay". She said went back to refrigerator to get the ingredients while I kneaded the dough.

"Girls you need help we are going to grab some snacks from nearby store?" Tyson said.