Ch. 2: Meeting My Dad's Servant

The trek toward my home in Fuyuki was quiet.

There didn't seem to be anyone else on the roads and despite wanting to go to the Zenjo's, I figured it would be safer to just go home. My eyebrows were furrowed as I went over the events of tonight. Fight Caster was definitely something that I wasn't expecting to do today or any day that is. If Rin got out okay then everything will be fine. But, should I really trust what the blue-haired man said? If she isn't okay, then I can promise that I will hunt down and kill that man.

I stopped right in front of the house. The vines that crept up around the house put some comfort in me. Seeing one's home after a long time always brings a sense of...well...home. I just about took a step forward before remembering that there was a spell over the house. I stopped midstep before backing up slightly. My mind raced as I tried to remember if the house was blood protected or a first-rate protection spell. If it was blood protected then it would be no problem, but a regular spell...I'm not sure if I want to take that risk.

"What are you standing here for, mongrel?"

I looked next to me to see the Servant my dad summoned leaning against the brick wall of my house with a glass of wine in his hand. But, instead of his golden armor, he wore a white v-neck shirt with grey pants that had a weird pattern on them. He had a golden necklace and bracelets that hung around his neck and wrists which went well with his blonde hair that was down. "Umm...I was hoping that I could stay the night. I don't have a way of transportation back to my mom," I explained. I didn't know who he truly was, although the air around him screamed 'I AM ROYALTY'. Which I guess he was, especially with that stuck-up smirk on his face. I can already tell we won't get along.

"Hmm, I never said you could look towards me," I immediately darted my eyes away from him. He was a Servant and judging by the mana flow, I could guess he was a strong one.

"Sorry, I didn't quite know that I needed your permission," I turned towards the door when I heard the front door open. My dad stood in the doorway giving me a disapproving glance. I waved awkwardly. "Hey, dad, mind if I stay the night?"

He sighed before waving his hand, which made the barrier go down. "Come in," I quickly walked over and passed him before he put the force field back up.

"Sorry, I know we're not supposed to be in Fuyuki but—" my dad raised his hand to make me pause my 'I'm sorry' rant.

"It's alright, your mother already informed me that you went looking for Rin. I was just about to go find you when you didn't answer your mother's calls."

I gave a confused look towards him before patting my back pocket. Where my phone should've been. I laughed slightly before patting around my body trying to find my phone. "Well, I might've lost it when running away from Caster..." I mumbled.

"You ran into Caster?"

"Yeah...but someone saved me before I got killed."

"Who?" He questioned, obviously curious.

"I honestly don't know. He kind of just popped up, killed the monsters surrounding me, we argued a bit after Caster and his Master left, and then he left," I explained.

"Tokiomi, who is this?" The blonde-haired Servant from before appeared in the doorway to another room. Once again, he was leaning on it, my dad gave a sideways glance at him before looking behind me.

"She's my eldest daughter, Jean," he explained, however, he looked kind of nervous. "Jean, why don't you go up to bed and I'll ask your mother to come and get you in the morning?"

I nodded before heading towards the stairs, "Goodnight, father," I spoke before going up to them. I walked into my room, luckily, I still had a few clothes that I left here. So, I changed into a pair of comfortable clothes before heading to bed. Once I closed my eyes, a thought came across it. Dang it, I had homework due tomorrow...I frowned slightly before turning on my side. I had a few things here that I could do it with, but I don't have my textbooks or notes, and I can't text Seri or Brooke to send me pictures. I relaxed slightly in my bed, "I'll just do it on the way to school..." I mumbled falling asleep.