~(R)Edelgard x M!Reader~

This was requested by dcraus123. I hope you enjoy it.

~ * ~

"Read the next chapter tonight so you'll be prepared for the lesson tomorrow. I expect you to complete your homework, and make sure you get your training done, too. We'll be heading out in a week and you need to be prepared."

The Black Eagles gathered their books and pencils before heading off. (Y/N) hoped they would get their work done in the library or their rooms. Linhardt was least likely to listen, though. (Y/N) might have to go remind him later. For now, he has to head to the market.

"May I accompany you, Professor?"

(Y/N) looked up, his eyes meeting with Edelgard's. He nodded and finished shuffling his papers.

"We need to stock up on elixirs and pick up the repaired weapons. Would you mind helping me move them to the Training Grounds?"

"Of course."

(Y/N) paused, then set his papers aside.

"Make sure you get your work done, too. You also need to get ready for next week."

"Don't worry, (Y/N). There's still time left in the day. I can help you and get my work done."

"If you say so."

(Y/N) looked over at Sothis, who had made her way outside. Her attention was elsewhere, probably on one of the cats or dogs living at the monastery.

"Well, let's go then."

(Y/N) started out of the classroom with Edelgard by his side.

"What are your plans for tonight?" she asked.

"I'll be working on tomorrow's lesson. And possibly coming up with a strategy for next week's battle. It depends on how much time there's left. I prefer to be in bed by ten at the latest. Unless I get distracted, of course."

"Of course."

They entered the Dining Hall. Several students and soldiers were talking to each other, their chatter the loudest noise in the room. (Y/N) turned and stayed near the wall and towards the Entrance Hall. Edelgard stuck close behind him until she could be by his side again.

(Y/N) peeked over at Edelgard, finding her watching ahead of them. He looked forward as they started down the steps.

"Is there anything else you might need help with today?"

(Y/N) looked back at Edelgard, a small smile growing.

"Are you sure you'll have enough time for everything?"

"I can manage."

(Y/N) shook his head and looked at the sky.

"Is there anything I can help you with?" he asked.

Edelgard paused, a bit uncertain.

"N-No. I'm fine. I'm just looking for something to do before I do my assignments. I'd like everything to be fresh in my mind for tomorrow, and it'd be easier if I wait to do it later."

They stepped into the Marketplace. Anna stood off to the side, trying to make a deal with a soldier. (Y/N) stepped over to the blacksmith who had a wheelbarrow full of weapons.

"There you are, (Y/N)! I finished up with the repairs. They should be as good as new!"

(Y/N) nodded and pulled out his wallet. He counted out the gold, then gave it to the blacksmith. Edelgard moved over and took hold of the wheelbarrow.

"I can push this," she said.

(Y/N) nodded again, then walked over to the item shop across the street. Edelgard started pushing the wheelbarrow towards the stairs, then waited for (Y/N). He walked over to her with a bag of elixirs over his shoulder.

"Ready to go?" he asked.

Edelgard nodded and turned around to pull the wheelbarrow up.

"I could take the wheelbarrow, if that would be easier for you?" (Y/N) asked.

"No, I can do it," Edelgard said.

She sounded determined, with a bit of nervousness in her voice. (Y/N) look to their left as Sothis made her way over to them. He gestured to Edelgard as she struggled with the wheelbarrow. Sothis rolled her eyes, then walked over and helped. Edelgard yelped when it moved easier.

"Is everything alright?" (Y/N) asked, slightly amused.

"Everything's fine!"

He nodded. They went left towards the fishing pond. Sothis trailed behind and helped Edelgard when they went up the stairs.

Finally, they reached the Training Grounds. (Y/N) held the door open for Edelgard so she could push it in. He closed the door behind them and led Edelgard over to the armory. They passed Caspar, who was sparring with Ferdinand and Sylvain.

(Y/N) nodded in approval, then pushed the door to the armory open. They went inside, then sorted the weapons out, storing them on their racks. It didn't take long, and they finished within half an hour.

"What's next, Professor?"

"I'll drop this off at my room," he gestured to the bag, "Then I'll look for Linhardt and make sure he's doing his work. You, on the other hand, will go get your work done."

Edelgard frowned and looked over at (Y/N).

"And if you need help with anything, come find me. If I finish helping Linhardt early, then I'll come find you. Unless you do your work in the library. Then we'll meet at the Dining Hall for dinner."

Edelgard smiled slightly and nodded.

"Alright. I'll go get my work done, Professor!" she said.

She turned and took off towards the classroom to get her books. (Y/N) watched her go, before heading towards the library.

"I really hope Linhardt did his work already," he muttered.

~ * ~