~(R)Jeorge x F!Reader~

This was requested by MarieAetheling. Jeorge might be a bit out of character, but I'm not too sure. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it!

~ * ~

Jeorge was quiet as he looked down the wood of the arrow. A small breeze rose, but died down. A few more seconds passed, then Jeorge let the arrow fly. It hit, bull's eye.

Footsteps rose behind him, and he turned his head. (Y/N) walked up with her bow and quiver on her back. Jeorge lowered his bow, turning his body to face (Y/N).

"I'm ready for my lesson," she said.

Jeorge nodded and waved her over. She walked up to him, stopping beside him.

(Y/N) had come to Jeorge to help her train in archery. She wasn't the best, but she wanted to become the best she could be.

"What do you want to focus on today?" Jeorge asked.

(Y/N) thought for a second, before replying,

"I want to work on aiming and my posture."

Jeorge nodded, then kneeled down and set his bow down. He stood and moved closer to (Y/N).

"Remember to keep your feet shoulder-width apart. Keep your torso straight, don't lean into or away from the bow."

(Y/N) turned to her side, setting her feet apart and straightening her torso. Jeorge continued speaking as (Y/N) adjusted her position until she had better posture.

When it was good, Jeorge nodded in approval.

They continued working for a few more hours, before Jeorge was satisfied with (Y/N)'s progress.

"You did good today," he said while placing a hand on her shoulder.

She looked over at him and smiled. He returned it, then retrieved his bow. (Y/N) went to collect her arrows and place them back in her quiver. They met up at the entrance gate, before heading to the armory to put their equipment away.

"Will you be attending Princess Nyna's ball tonight?" Jeorge asked.

"Yep! I had a friend help me with my dress, and I'll be picking it up later today."

"So I will see you then?"

(Y/N) frowned, looking over at Jeorge.

"I think so. As long as Princess Nyna doesn't need my help with anything, I should be free during the ball."

Jeorge nodded as they reached the armory. They put up their equipment and left, then went their separate ways.

~ * ~

(Y/N) looked down at her (f/c) dress. The silk was soft against her skin as she ran her hands over the skirt.

"I love it, thank you for helping!"

Her friend nodded, standing from her seat.

"I'm glad you like it."

They nodded and (Y/N) looked away to face a window. She frowned and sighed.

"What's wrong?"

"I was hoping to spend more time with Jeorge today, but he headed off once we were finished."

"Oh, I see. Maybe he had something important to do?"

"But wouldn't he have told me? He normally does."

"Hmm, maybe it's a surprise?"

"But what would he want to surprise me with?"

"Well, that's why it's called a surprise!"