night troubles

this is just a little idea i had in my head and just thought it would be so adorable

Harry- age 21
Louis- age 26
Liam- age 24
Niall- age 22

Louis is only just falling to sleep when he hears his door creak open, opening one eye he can see a lanky figure shuffling its way towards his bed. Any other person would probably be scared at this point but Louis knows full well who it is so simply pulls back the duvet for Harry to climb into bed with him.

Instead of curling up to Louis' side like he usually does Harry perched himself on the end of the bed, Louis sitting up and rubbing his eyes so they adjust to the dark room and he can look at Harry properly.

The bun Louis fixed in his hair before bed is disheveled, curls escaping around his face and neck, his oversized shirt hangs off his shoulders and his face looks unsettled, one of his fingers running across his bottom lip to soothe himself.

"Are you okay sunshine?"Louis says, his voice raspy with sleep.

"N-nee-needa change"Harry says shakily lifting his shirt up to show the damp patch on the front of his grey underwear, Louis biting down on his lip and stopping himself from sighing. It's rare the boy has accidents anymore but they can still happen from time to time.

Harry is physically 21 but mentally he's still a child. Even now doctors cannot find the reason for the way Harry behaves, initially branding him as autistic but Anne pushed knowing it's not only that and her poor boy is different from others his age. At that time kids his age were all joining football teams and dancing while eight year old Harry was still in diapers and was still up until his late teenage years.
Potty training is still something Harry struggles with today, even spending some days in pull ups as he completely forgets the need to use the bathroom and the boys have had to throw away many wet and messy undies.
They wouldn't have it any other way and are never neglected of cuddles and 'kissies' as Harry calls them, even if they are a little bit slobbery thanks to Harry. 

"Do we need to go change your bedsheets honey?"Louis asks Harry softly, reaching across to rub Harry's arm, his heart breaking as Harry flinches at Louis' touch.

"Uh'huh....not angry BooBear?"Harry says to Louis, two fingers finding there way into Harry's mouth which he sucks on, wide eyes looking at Louis scared.

"Never angry bubba...accidents happen from time to time don't they?"Louis says as he climbs out of bed and extends his hand out for Harry to take.

"M'huh acc'dents happen and Hawwy not a naughty smelly boy even if Daddy said so"Harry says, flashbacks of his childhood coming to him.

Poor Harry has bad memories of his childhood with an emotionally and sometimes physically abusive father, this carrying on until Harry was around eleven until his mother Anne couldn't face it anymore and grabbed Harry and his sister and left, leaving most of there belongings in the house but Anne had her most precious things in the world, her babies.