Chapter Two - Part Two

The man in black had followed her. His eyes narrowed on her exposed wrist and noticed the unworthy exiled mark burned onto her immortal skin.

-The mist people have cursed you - he said. There was no pity in his words. Or anger. He was merely stating a fact. - You would suffer more than what I can make you suffer. A quick death is easier than an infinite pain. -

Olivia laughed in his face, but the hurt in her eyes betrayed her true emotions. The mist people made her as mortal as an immortal could be. She spent the first months, years of her new life adjusting to the waves of emotions that rolled in her veins. Most of them innocuous, like discomfort or boredom, but others painfully acute like loneliness and longing. She did not belong anywhere, she would live an existence prive of purpose. She was just an empty shell. Was there even any point in keep trying? Maybe in death she could go back to the mist people and the forest. Maybe in death they would give her a second chance.

She looked at the empty eyes of the man and took a step back.

Was this what the mist people forgiveness would bring her? A long time ago they told her she could not live by the humans moral code. She decided she would live by her own.

-What had that woman done to deserve death?- she asked instead. -Was she as innocent as the man I was asked to murder a century ago and for which I was damned?-

The man raised an eyebrow. Probably the most emotion he had ever felt in his lifetime.

-The mist people said she would twist history in an unexpected way. It had to be prevented. - he replied simply, his clawed hands closer and closer to her own. She took another step back and almost fell out of the moving train.

-So the answer is yes - she concluded. The last piece of a puzzle she began a century ago was getting closer and closer to completion. Guglielmo did not end up being a monster, he did not spill any innocent blood, maybe the woman who was murdered could have behaved similarly. -And just like my former husband, your lady had the potential to change her destiny for the better. The mist people are not doing this for the sake of the world, or at least not the one we think. -

The man looked at her as if she was crazy and lunged for her, a second too late.

With a short lived moment of exhilarating courage, Olivia jumped off the train into the countryside.

.....

Author Note: Hallo! 

Just wanted to point out that each chapter will be split in two if it is more than 1500 words. 

"Why would you do that Heron?"

WELL. No reason actually, but my very old phone cannot cope with uploading more at the same time. I assume it's the length of the chapter, but tbh technology is a bit of a mistery for me so not really sure. 

ANYWAYS. Hope you enjoyed Chapter Two! 

And if you like the story, do not forget to live a like! It helps the book being seen by other people!