10 | C H O O S E M E

I stare at him, I didn't know what to say, why is it me? Why did I care so much anyway. I place my hand on his cheek, his stubble is rough- I like it. His hand now reaches my cheek, goose bumps lace my skin, I feel like something might happen; something completely out of my control. His lips get closer to mine and now we're breathing the same breath. I close my eyes ready for his to touch mine, until his hand drops and his head leans against my shoulder, his body rocking. Is he seriously laughing? I shove him off me, how stupid of me to fall for that, he's drunk he will never be serious.

I take off the duvet and slip into my bed, how often am I going to get these moments, moments of letting my guard down.

"I need to go to bed, I have school tomorrow." I spoke. The room was quiet which meant he either left or passed out on the floor. I feel so stupid, why did I think it would happen like that again, I'm crazy for wanting his touch over Enzo, I wanted to marry Enzo. Now I don't even want him to look at me with any type of lust.

*DING* My phone lights up the room for a few seconds before the screen goes black. Gracie must have texted, she would only text me this late if it was important. I grab my phone and look at the message she sent.

'You messed up.'

'...'

The dots keep dancing, is she sending me a(n) essay? When the dots stop dancing an image takes its place. I leap out of bed thinking Shane was in here, but he wasn't. I open the door and head to his room- He's disgusting for sending such a picture.

"Oh!" A random girl's voice emits from his bedroom, I stopped where I stood, my heart was crushed where I stood. I could hear the bed rocking; I walked closer to his door- he left it cracked. Every part of me knows I shouldn't look, but I did anyway. The woman has dirty blonde hair, her bra was still on, but the blanket was over her lower half as she rocks herself on Shane. I cover my mouth; how did he get a girl in his room so quickly after leaving mine. Drunk people never realize how they affect others.

I lay in my bed staring at the ceiling, my thoughts kept me up all night. I turn over in the bed, I could hear the giggles of the girl in the next room, his bedroom door closes. I hold my blanket closer to me, I wish I never let him tease me like he did. It's almost time for school, I should take a shower, even though I'd like to lock myself in my bedroom all day.

I quickly grab my bag that is sitting next to my bedroom door. I walk down the stairs, head to the kitchen, I'll grab something quick and eat it on the way to school.

"Do you need a ride?" Shane says in a robe with no shirt on, sipping his coffee.

"No, not from you anyway." I open the door walking down the driveway, I gave in because I knew Enzo would help. I slip right into Enzo's nice, white, Dodge Challenger. He revs his engine and waves his hand at Shane. I felt like a kid on Christmas watching the veins in his neck tighten as I give Enzo a kiss on the cheek. Enzo smirks, thinking that Shane has lost, I'm only doing this because of that blonde slut that showed up in his bedroom. The bedroom I so badly want to be in.

When we drive far enough away from the house Enzo pulls over.

"What the hell was that about back there?" He seemed agitated. I fidget with my fingers that sit on top of my lap. I sigh, avoiding eye contact as best I can. I swallow my pride. I need to hide my intentions for right now, he can't possibly understand how confused I am.

"What? You can't tell me you didn't enjoy how pissed he was?" How do you tell your ex that you are using him because you are, in fact, jealous of the whore sleeping with your stepbrother. I grab him and pull him to me, kissing him. He pushes me off him, I was not expecting that.