21| P E R F E C T - W O M A N

SHANE

"The Voicemail had mentioned he was back, if he is I need to get to Lexi right now." I turned to my father concerned for her safety, it was the first time I didn't know what to do. I felt like I was playing a game of chess, but all the pieces were missing. This confirms my suspicion of Mark being the one that intruded our home, damn it! How did I let this slip by me? If I don't reach Lexi before he does, she's dead – I couldn't live with myself if I saw her body limp. I wouldn't want to live after that, not without her. He can't be alive; I watched his body get buried in a casquette 6 feet under.

"Relax, there is no way he could be alive. Just go to the party, and enjoy yourself, this is what you dreamed of since you were a teenager. we will beat the girls there. You're getting engaged son, lighten up." I hold the black velvet box in my hands and fumble around with it. He was right, I've dreamed of this moment, I've worked for this moment, for her. Which is why I can't relax; this must go perfectly. She's the perfect woman after all and doesn't deserve less than it.

When we pull up to the building I noticed the lights, they're going to attract to much attention, if he was alive, he knows exactly where to find me. I open the door before the car comes to a full stop. I look for her, her Limo isn't here, it's late. I shuffled with the box in my pocket, I can't be preoccupied, for her sake.

"Over here Shane." He spoke. I turned around and saw their limo pulling up. I walk up close to the security guard, his face covered by a mask. That's strange, I don't think I ordered anyone to wear masks.

"If you see anything out of the ordinary, come get me." I whispered. I turn away from him and brush my insecurities away. I begin walking towards her limo, getting close to her door; she gets out of the car and looks up at the rooftop lights. Her eyes are glowing, she looks beautiful, but a little pale. I look at her dress, God she's so stunning, even when she is fully clothed. She turns to look over her shoulder and stares at My Father and Jessica, she focuses her attention on her dress and heads up the stairs, the brief eye contact made me wonder if she was upset. I quickly walk up the stairs and adjust my suit. No insecurities, I told myself. If Mark is back, he's going to take Alexi and... I can't have that. I have fallen in love with her, I truly have, and I don't want him to take her from me. I will stop at nothing to protect what we have; she will be my wife- even if I must kill her father-twice. I look at her skin once we step into the light, she still looks a little pale.

"Are you okay?" I ask. She stares at me, it was silent until I saw a certain spark in her eyes, she lets go of my hand and turns to strangers near her. If only she knew that this wasn't just for business. I feel as though I'm dealing with a child, and this child is running on thin wire. I run up the stairs after her, she is overwhelmed by all the people, and I have the perfect plan. If she wasn't going to tell me why she's so upset, I'll make her talk.

I take her to the kitchen, and she felt uncomfortable about the people watching through the kitchen windows, just like I thought. So, I moved her to the freezer, at first, I didn't think she'd follow through with the Idea- about being in a freezer-. I staged the whole scene with one prop, a crate. I knew this freezer had an emergency button in case the button froze over and someone getting stuck in here; so I made it seem that it might lock if the crate is removed. After a bit Lexi finally gives in saying that she was embarrassed about her squirting, but I thought, it was crazy hot. Honestly, I wish I could see her lewd face again. However, I was concerned that she wasn't telling me the truth. She seems scared of me, I could notice her small flinches when I raise my arm or go in to kiss her. I also noticed parts of her neck had lighter blotches in some places than others. She's hiding something else, that's going to be for another conversation. For now, I'm taking her to the temporary closet for her gowns, I drop her off and let her choose.