3 | E N Z O

I've been tossing and turning all night; this bed doesn't feel like it used too. I have been wanting to get a glass of water for the past two hours, the only thing stopping me is the thought of waking someone up. However, a person can only deny themselves for so long. I flip my blankets off my bed and step onto my nice warm carpeted floor. I should put on some socks just in case the marble floors are too cold at this time of night, what time is it anyway? I look around my room in search for my clock, I place my hands inside my robe. Oh wait! I have a phone, I'm such a goof. It's 2:21 in the morning, no one should be awake right now, I'll just poke my head out in hopes they are all fast asleep.

I open my door slightly, looking both ways before exiting my safety cube, coast looks clear to me. I walk down the stairs looking at every detail, so I know where I am tomorrow morning. I grab my phone and turn on my flashlight, I feel like a kid in grandma's basement; get in, then get out. I walk into the kitchen and place my hand on the refrigerator handle, I don't even know if the fridge has-

"Hello Mr. Grimm." The fridge speaks. I jump at the sound of the refrigerator, wait- SPEAKS!? I was stunned, never in my life could I imagine a fridge talking to me, sort of.

"Shh," I said.

"What would you like?"

"Shh" I say again.

"Okay Mr. Grimm. Shasta dispensing." The lights come on behind me, it was my soon to be stepbrother. I turn around, hiding my phone behind my back and give him a soft smile. I am in my nightgown, totally see through, I am not wearing a bra, I cross my arms and giggle awkwardly.

"Hi." Hi?! What the hell? You just made this encounter way more awkward than it needed to be.

I could see him in full- his tattoos, his scars, his 6 pack... His light brown fluffy hair all messed up, his tired eyes, has he even slept yet? He's wearing sweatpants which looks mighty fine on him. I'm pretty sure he caught me staring...I look away biting my lip, he smiles, I wonder if he noticed? I attempt to respond to this very awkward situation. I could feel my cheeks turning rosy red. what if he saw my nipples, I would be so embarrassed.

"I-uh- you know," I stutter in result of being captivated by his gloriousness. He releases his crossed arms and leaning position and walks closer to me, I step back holding in my breath, trying to squeeze my legs together. My back hits the fridge door, His hands are leaning against them. He towers over me, and his breath smells minty fresh. I close my eyes so I wouldn't have to look into his big, beautiful green, mysterious yet seductively calming eyes. I probably look ridiculous but the thought of kissing him makes me sick. We just met, why would he be rushing this?

"What are you doing?" he asks. I open one eye, I let out a sigh in relief as I notice a can of lemonade in his hand. I look behind me and notice a box of canned lemonade, that looks tempting, completely ignoring his question. He coughs to get my attention and I begin to hug myself,

"Oh- well, I was- I, woke up thirsty," He nods, I turn behind me and open a can of orange soda, I pop it open and chug it.

"For what?" I choked, spitting the soda all over the floor and my top. Oh no, how embarrassing. He holds back his laughter as he watches me trying to breath. Literally feeling my throat close right now. Once I caught my breath (thankfully still living) I continue to say.

"A drink."

How dare he put his mind in the gutter, or was mine in the gutter? You know what- doesn't matter. I place the soda down on the counter as I look through drawers to find a rag- I pull out the one closest to the sink and hit the jackpot I grab this and run it under the hot water, I feel the hot water coat my fingers and hands, wringing out the water from the rag. I blush when I remembered what I already forgot... my nightgown being see through I yelp and turn around. He quickly looks away, or was he always looking away? I grab the hoodie off the coat rack and wrap it over my waist. I bend down and begin to wipe the orange soda I spilt. I thought, maybe if I played a little game we might get along, I loosen up the jacket and it falls off. I smile and look at his reflection in the fridge, I was mildly disappointed when I saw that he was more distracted with his drink. I stand up and I walk back to the sink, place the rag over the faucet and pour my drink down the drain.