24| W A R

I grab the IV pole and use it to help me walk around, at first, I stumble, I can't feel my legs. What happened in here, I don't even know where I am. I open the door quietly; I don't need anyone to know I'm trying to leave. I tip toe across the ugly patterned hospital floor, but I'm mistaken, this is no hospital. I turn the corner, "Boss is going to be pissed if we can't find him."

I slip into one of the rooms, watching their shadows run across the window. Phew, they thankfully didn't see me, I wonder who they are looking for. I turn behind me, what room is this? I walk towards the desk and pick up the picture that was laid flat against it. "Oh my God."

I dropped the picture, the glass shatters spreading everywhere. I can't stop the shaking; this revelation is absolutely horrifying because I was right. My Father has a twin.

I place my hand over my mouth, I think I'm going to be sick. The flashback of the tattoo parlor with the different Mafia crest imprints on my brain.

"Those are the two crest that belong to the twins. The rumor is that they both died, the last time I tattooed that crest on someone was about 20 years ago." The crest I saw were skulls in the shape of the yin yang. One was black the other transparent. My Father had a solid black skull tattoo, but- this man we're dealing with now; his tattoo has changed. It has a red X over its eyes and Snake wrapped throughout its skull. This man, he is driven by the hate he feels for someone.

A sharp pain emits at the lower half of my belly, I hold it, blood dripping onto the floor, I moved too much. I can't stop now; I must keep going. Shane is down wherever I was being held, I need to find him before it's too late. I need to move quickly, they may have noticed that I am gone, I know I'll be moving slow once whatever medication was being injected begins to wear off. I must take advantage of this, right here right now. So why am I not moving? I'm frozen in fear, I don't know what is beyond that door, it's the unknown once I move the handle. They could have camera's; they could see me before I even get a chance. NO! Stop this madness, we must make it out of here alive, both of us, I can't be wallowing in sadness right now. I rip the IV off my arm, I hold my hands against the desk, keeping my balance.

"Pick up your feet Lexi, come on!" I move my legs towards the door, I place my hand on the doorknob, turning it clockwise until it opens. Let's not die selfishly, but selflessly. I look both ways and above, something needs to stand out to me before I can see it, this isn't a hospital, this is an underground facility, there isn't a single outdoor window in this place. The only windows belong to the ones that face the hallways., every inch of this place is cold, I haven't seen a single thermos, all the lights are florescent, I can hear the buzz coming off a few of them. I begin to speed walk, I must get out of here, follow the signs Lexi, follow the signs. Every building must have Exit signs in case of an emergency.

"Oh Lexi," I heard a voice down the hall I was speed walking, I look behind me, there is a blood trail from where I have been. I could make this work, that voice reminds me of my Father, but he isn't my Father at all, I don't think. I look over to the left, I see his shadow dancing across the wall, he is so scary, but I can't let him see. He'll probably kill me on the spot.
"There she is!" Several nurses run toward me "I'm not going out like this and begin to run in the opposite direction. Don't think about the pain, just keep running. Breath in, breathe out, come on, RUN! I push myself, I can see an Exit, it's right there. I look behind me, the nurses stop in their tracks, did they just give up? I push on the door.

"AHH!" I screamed, the door had nothing there, no stairs, no wall, no balcony, just 5 stories above ground.

"How can this be, I thought we were underground, everything pointed it to be an underground facility." I could hear the man behind me breaking out in a laugh.