You, my friend. Know how to end things on a depressing note

I went and sat with the senior counselors around the ping pong table as we waited for Percy to get the prophecy.

   I was too mentally drained but to say, it was interesting.

   Clarisse was in full battle gear. Her electric spear on her back. Her helmet under one arm and her knife strapped on her belt.

   She was yelling at Micheal Yew. The head counselor of the Apollo cabin who was a foot shorter than her.

   They were fighting over a chariot.

   Percy and Annabeth walked in when Micheal screamed.

   "It's our loot! If you don't like it, you can kiss my quiver!"

   Around the table, people were trying not to laugh. Which were the Stoll brothers, Pollux from the Dionysus cabin who's lap I was sitting on with my head buried in his chest, Katie Gardner from Demeter. Even Jake Mason, the hastily appointed new counselor from Hephaestus, managed a faint smile.

  Only Silena Beauregard didn't pay any attention.

   She sat beside Clarisse and did nothing but stare at the Ping-Pong net.

   Her eyes were red and puffy. A cup of hot chocolate sat untouched in front of her.

  "STOP IT!" Percy yelled. "What are you guys doing?"

   Clarisse glowered at him.

   "Tell Michael not to be a selfish jerk."

   "Oh, that's perfect, coming from you," Michael said.

   "The only reason I'm here is to support Silena!" Clarisse shouted. "Otherwise I'd be back in my cabin."

  "What are you talking about?" He demanded.

   I was already filled in but Pollux cleared his throat from above my head.

   "Clarisse has refused to speak to any of us, until her, um, issue is resolved. She hasn't spoken for three days."

   "It's been wonderful," Travis Stoll said wistfully and I tried not to laugh.

   "What issue?" He asked.

   Clarisse turned to Chiron. "You're in charge, right?Does my cabin get what we want or not?"

   Chiron shuffled his hooves. "My dear, as I've already explained, Michael is correct. Apollo's cabin has the best claim. Besides, we have more important matters—"

   "Sure," Clarisse snapped. "Always more important matters than what Ares needs. We're just supposed to show up and fight when you need us, and not complain!"

   "That would be nice," Connor Stoll muttered.

   Clarisse gripped her knife. "Maybe I should ask Mr. D—"

   "As you know," Chiron interrupted, his tone slightly angry now, "our director, Dionysus, is busy with the war. He can't be bothered with this."

   "I see," Clarisse said. "And the senior counselors? Are any of you going to side with me?"

   Nobody was smiling now.

   "Fine." Clarisse turned to Silena. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get into this when you've just lost...Anyway, I apologize. To you. Nobody else."

   Silena didn't seem to pay attention.

   Clarisse threw her knife at the ping pong table. "All of you can fight this war without Ares. Until I get satisfaction, no one in my cabin is lifting a finger to help. Have fun dying."