I hope the dead like root beer

We were lead the the lodge and tied up with our hands behind our back and gagged.
   Annabeth told me before, we shouldn't fight back yet and see what happens. She had faith in Percy.
   I looked off into the distance, watching the sun for what felt like hours, while Geryon set up streamers and balloons.
   He cooked burgers and ribs on a grill while whistling a little tune, and Eurytion picked his nails with a knife. Who knew capturing kids called for a celebration.
   After a while I heard Percy scream "Let them go!" He was out of breath. "I cleaned the stables!"
   Geryon turned around from grilling and said. "Did you, now? How'd you manage it?"
    Percy told him he used ancient seashells and made water appear and how he didn't want to use some naiads river. It sounded pretty cool being able to control water.
   "Very ingenious." Geryon nodded. "It would've been better if you poisoned that pesky naiad, but no matter."
   "Let my friends go, we had a deal." He said.

   "Ah, I've been thinking about that. The problem is, if I let them go, I don't get paid."
    "You promised!"
    Geryon made a tsk-tsk noise," But did you make me swear on the river styx? No you didn't. So it's not binding. When your conducting business. Sonny, you should've made a binding oath."
    Percy drew his sword and Orthus started growling by the satyr's ear.

   "Eurytion," Geryon said. "The boy is starting to annoy me. Kill him."
   "Kill him yourself." He said and my breath caught hitched.
   "Excuse me," said Geryon.
    "You heard me," Eurytion mumbled. "You keep sending me to do your dirty work. You pick fights for no good reason, and I'm tired of dying for you. You want to fight the kid. Do it yourself."
    "You dare defy me? I should fire you right now." Geryon said throwing his spatula.
   "And who'd take care of your cattle? Orthus heel."
The dog stopped barking and moved to Eurytion.

    "Fine I'll deal with you later, after the boy is dead."

   Geryon picked up two knives and threw them. Percy deflected one with his sword and the second landed inches from Eurytion hand.
    They started fighting behind me where I couldn't see them, but I heard Geryon scream.
    "Nice try, Sonny," he said. "Thing is, I have three hearts. The perfect back up system.
   I started thrashing against the bonds but stopped when Geryon spilled the barbecue. Coals spilled everywhere and one landed next me and Annabeth's face. She let out a muffled scream and I tried to back away from it, now wanted to become 'Jackson barbecue'.

   Percy ran into the house and Geryon followed screaming "coward."
   We couldn't see what was happening but Annabeth
dived for something. It was the knife Percy deflected.
   "Adelaide turn around," she said as she scot backwards to me spitting out her gag.
   I turned around and moved my hand closer to the knife. Annabeth started making up and down movements against my rope and cut me in the process. "Ahh!"
   "I'm sorry! I'm trying my best." She cried out.
My ropes broke the minute we heard a thump thump thump from inside.
   All we heard next was "you can't shoot, they told me you couldn't..."

   I started to cut Annabeth free when Percy came out and helped me untie the rest.
   "Yay for Percy," the cyclops said.
"Can we tie up this cowherd now?" Nico said.
   "Yeah and that dog almost killed me!" The satyr said.
   Eurytion looked unbothered sitting on the bench.
"How long will it take him to reform?" Percy asked.
   Eurytion shrugged "Hundreds of years? He's not one of those fast reformers, thank the gods, you've done me a favor."
   "You said you've died for him before," I asked. "How?"
    "I've worked for the creep for thousands of years. Started as a regular half-blood, but I chose immortality when my father offered it. Worst mistake I've ever made. Now I'm stuck here at this ranch. I can't leave. I can't quit. I just tend the cows and fight Geryon fights. We're kinda tied together." He answered.
   "Maybe you can change things," Percy said.
"How?"
    "Be nice to the animals. Take care of them. Stop selling them for food. And stop dealing with the Titans." Percy answered.
   Eurytion thought and said, "That'd be all right."
"Get the animals on your side, and they'll help you. Once Geryon gets back, maybe he'll work for you this time."
   Eurytion grinned. "Now that I can live with."
"you won't try to stop us leaving?" he asked

   "Shoot, no."

    Annabeth rubbed her bruised wrists. She was looking at Eurytion suspiciously. "Your boss said that somebody paid for our safe passage. Who?"

    The cowherd shrugged. "Maybe he was just saying that to fool you."

    "What about the Titans?" Percy asked. "Did you Iris-message them yet?"

    "Nope. Geryon was waiting until after the barbecue. They don't know anything about them."
   Nico was glaring at Percy and I was confused on why they thought I was so powerful. I didn't even have powers yet.
   "You two can stay here until we're done with our quest." Percy said.

   He looked at me more pleading, maybe because I seem the one that would agree more than Nico.
    "It would be safe."

"Okay," I nodded.

   "Safe?" Nico said. "What do you care if we're  safe? You got my sister killed!"
   "Nico," Annabeth said, "that wasn't Percy's fault. And Geryon wasn't lying about Kronos wanting to capture you. If he knew who you were, he'd do anything to get you on his side."

    "I'm not on anyone's side. And I'm not afraid!"

    "You should be," Annabeth said. "Your sister wouldn't want—"

     "If you cared for my sister, you'd help me bring her back!"

   "A soul for a soul?" Percy said.

  "Yes!"

    "But if you didn't want my soul—"

  "I'm not explaining anything to you!" He blinked tears out of his eyes and I walked over and put my hand on his shoulder. "And I will bring her back."

    "Bianca wouldn't want to be brought back," Percy said. "Not like that."

    "You didn't know her!" he shouted. "How do you know what she'd want?"
   "Let's ask Bianca."The sky seemed to grow darker all of the sudden and I raised by eyebrow, how would they ask a dead girl?
    "I've tried," Nico's said miserably. "She won't answer."

   "Try again. I've got a feeling she'll answer with me here." Percy said.

   "Why would she?"

   "Because she's been sending me Iris-messages," Percy said. "She's been trying to warn me what you're up to, so I can protect you."

    Nico shook his head. "That's impossible."

"One way to find out. You said you're not afraid." Percy turned to Eurytion. "We're going to need a pit, like a grave. And food and drinks."

   "Percy," Annabeth warned. "I don't think this is a good—"

    "All right," Nico said. "I'll try."

    Eurytion scratched his beard. "There's a hole dug out back for a septic tank. We could use that. Adelaide, fetch my ice chest from the kitchen. I hope the dead like root beer."