Keep Her Quiet

POV: Lauren

"Mike, you need to find a way to keep Morgan quiet. If she fucks this up it won't end well for me. I have to be the one to ask and they can't find out through the fucking paps." I whisper yelled into my phone and kept looking over my shoulder.

"Okay, I'll get it done." Mike sighed into the phone.

"Just don't kill or hurt her. I want her to rot in prison." I was livid to say the least.

"I won't. I'll just have someone make a point." He assured me.

"You really are a dirty cop, aren't you." I chuckled to myself.

"I like to call myself a protective brother. No one hears about this. Understand?"

"I won't speak a word of it."

"She'll be cut off by tonight. I'll talk to you later."

With that the line dropped. What does that mean? Kidnapped or phone company? Like, there's a big difference in those possibilities.

About ten minutes later he called me back.

"Yes?" I kept making sure no one was around. Melodies of Four are doing sound check and my girls are getting ready. I'll be late, but as long as I'm ready before we go on stage it's fine.

"Hey, I called my sergeant to see if she broke parole any, and he told me to go check. I didn't have to move from my car. She left the thirty minute radius from the courthouse. Her parole officer is a fucking moron and didn't check." Mike was almost excited. "I get to be the one to bring her in, and I hope to God that she resists."

"Now I see why you were so excited." I laughed to myself. "Thank you Mike. I owe you one."

"Just make sure Camila stays safe and we'll call it even." He laughed too.

"Got it." I smiled.

"I'll talk to you later future sister-in-law."

"Talk to you later future brother-in-law." I hug up and smiled to myself. That situation has been dealt with.

I walked into the dressing room to see the girls almost ready.

"Laur! Where have you been? We've been texting and calling you!" Ally yelled as soon as she saw me.

"I was taking care of a situation." I gave them a look.

All of the blood drained from their faces.

"No no no, not like that. She was taken into custody for violation of parole." I was quick to tell them what actually happened.

"Oh thank god." Normani put her hand on her heart and let out a breath.

"So we don't have to worry about the bitch causing more shit than she already has."

"Now all we have to worry about is you not being ready for tonight." One of the cosmetologists, Janet, pulled me into a chair. "I have to be quick with this, so no complaining."

"But can I make you laugh?" I knew I looked rough. This woman has to be my saving grace.

"I need to focus." She gave me a look before starting to work.

I decided to stay quiet, but still bother her. I do it every time.

"Lauren, don't." Ally warned me when she saw the smirk on my face.

Me being me, I did it anyways and crossed my eyes.

"This is why you can't have nice things." Janet smacked me upside the head with the hairbrush and then went back to finishing up my makeup.