"That's only to impress and I'm not looking for love right now," Eren whispered almost too quietly for Armin to even hear him. "I want to be free."

"Eren, you will go outside one day and that will be when we go to Match maker. Remember her? She's the lady that will test you and see who you are perfect for and as a friend I must say that you will make a very fine king one day."

"Gee thanks, Armin," he responded almost half-heartedly.

"No problem, buddy."

And that's usually how the days would go. Eren would wake up and eat breakfast with his mother and father who would discuss what he finds interesting in a girl then they would finish and leave him inside the castle with Armin. His father would stay in the royal library to study about medical plants and his mother would go outside into the poor side of the town and give money and food to the homeless whereas Eren was always forced to stay inside like his parents were afraid his royal blood would be tainted with the filth of the outside world.

He wanted to be filthy though; filthy and tainted with the fresh air of outside and the smell of willow trees swaying in the breeze beside the Japanese rock gardens. That's all he ever wanted, really, even it was just for five minutes he would be so grateful.

Soon he would be outside and he knew it very well. For a long period of time his Father would put him into hard training to fight, to speak six more languages, writes poems, play piano and violin and to properly make tea and those were all so that he could hopefully impress Match maker. When nobles or princes reached the age of eighteen in Eren's country, they had to be tested and then matched with a bride but before that they had to train endless for almost half their lives and Eren had to start at the astonishing age of five.

He had forgotten until now that tomorrow would be the day when he had to face the legendary Match maker and now he was suddenly very excited that goosebumps began forming all over his skin under his royal yet casual attire. He even began shaking a little too much which was given questioning and worried looks from Armin. It was also his birthday tomorrow (March 30th) which made everything even better.

Maybe tomorrow was going to be more intersting than today, yesterday and the day before that and those boring days before even that.

---

"Your highness, sorry to disturb you but I must awake you from your slumber!" Armin exclaimed the next morning as he pulled the curtains to the side for the morning sun's golden rays to pour though the window panes.

"Happy birthday, prince Eren! Your cake and his and her majesty await you downstairs in the dining hall," he said with a small smile.

"Jesus Christ it's brighter than hell today," Eren commented as he streched his arms.

"Eren, don't use that holy name and that evil place in the same sentence," Armin scowled.

"Good morning to you too," he replied back sarcastically.

Eren dressed up in nothing to special yet sharp since he was going out today for the first time in almost ten years. He raced Armin down the long stairs and into the dining room where his parents both waiting for him patiently at the table along with the princess, his sister, Mikasa. His mother beamed and him and his father grinned at him proudly while Mikasa waved that fancy, practiced wave.

"Good morning, dear," his mother said while sipping lemon and honey tea. "Happy birthday, my precious Eren."

"I can't believe you're eighteen now," Mikasa announced.

"Yes and finally entering the stage of man-hood," their father agreed.

"When will we be leaving for Match maker?" he inquired as he sat down beside the princess.