Act 26: Bereiten

Today's training felt like a pain in the ass for Eren. No pun intended.

His lower area still felt as if they were on fire with a sharp, hot pain but even so, The king made him run a few laps around the field anyways despite telling him that he was going to carry him for the whole day.

Running made his hips feel a lot worse but he wasn't mad at Levi or anything, he was just so embarrassed that so many people were giggling and smirking when he walked passed them. When not being carried by Levi, the young male was basically limping around in pain.

"What are we going to do once we reach Rose anyways? Didn't you form some kind of alliance with the princess or something?" Eren asked curiously when he finally and painfully made it to Levi's side without collapsing.

"Indeed we did form an alliance but that doesn't mean I'm in an alliance with her country. She hates it there and wishes to live somewhere else, so I shall give her my assistance."

"How?"

"Fake a kidnapping of course but I need my men to be with me just in case anything happens. You and all the titan shifting shits are going to attack her castle and take her away, then we'll leave the rest to those brats like that Sasha Blouse chick, springer, horse and that blonde coconut guy."

Eren shook his head and sighed. This plan was a little over the top. Couldn't they just have some sort of meeting with the king of Rose and discuss how the princess no longer wants to live there?

"Her father is abusive and he wouldn't let her escape any time soon," Levi said as if reading Eren's mind. "So we need to get her out of there immediately. I promise I'll try not to hurt anyone on this mission."

Eren snorted as an attempt to cover a laugh but failed.

"That sounds surprising coming from you. Never knew you actually cared about people."

"What do you mean, you little shit?" the king snapped.

"It's not bad. It makes me very happy. You were such an annoying, sarcastic and cruel tyrant when I joined your army and now...you changed a little, I wonder why," Eren told him with a small grin. "Makes me love you even more."

A sound between a cough and snort escaped Levi's mouth as he looked away and turned to another direction to avoid Eren for a moment.

I fucking love this kid, Levi thought.

"Hey, Levi, are you okay?" Eren asked when he didn't speak for a while.

"I'm...fine," Levi answered as he turned to face him again.

"Okay," Eren replied with a smile, which made Levi go a little crazy inside.

Damn this boy has a beautiful smile.

I should kiss him.