Act 1: Jäger

Aug, mein Aug, was sinkst du nieder?
Goldne Träume, kommt ihr wieder?
Weg, du Traum! so gold du bist:
Hier auch Lieb und Leben ist.

~Auf dem see

Most people would think rich people from a royal family would be complete utter snobs who care about nothing but wanting to rein and rule the country but for information you're actually wrong. Eren didn't choose to be a prince but it's not like he had a choice either. Being a prince isn't as luxurious as it seems but it wasn't a hard knock life. He used to frequently ask his Father why he had to play the prince roll. Why couldn't he play with the other kids outside or play in the mud or even play hide 'n seek? It never seemed fair to Eren because he just wanted to be normal.

Sometimes it really sucked being a prince. People would look up at you like you descended from the heavens and would always have to bow in your presence just because of what's in your blood. To Eren blood shouldn't really matter because he believes who's in your family should not define who and what you are. It's not like he hated being prince; he just hated being treated like one honestly.

He wouldn't mind being yelled at from time to time when he did some stupid mistake or getting a good kick to the stomach because he got in some nasty argument with a spoiled rotten noble. Those small things would just prove he's equal to everyone else but they never happened at all. If he so happened to do some mistake they would just tell him it's alright and explain politely and if he did get into a fight with a noble...well that would never happen because who dares have the actual guts to talk back to a prince?

"Armin," Eren called with a yawn as his crown tilted slightly to the side. "Can you fetch me some lemon meringue pie?"

"Your highness," the young boy with the bowl cut spoke. "You already had three and it could really effect your health and I don't want his and her royal highness to get mad at me just because you had way too much pie to eat." he said and wrinkled his nose.

"I'm just not in the mood to eat anything healthy, my friend, and seriously you don't have to address me that ridiculous title, Armin. I told you that before already," Eren told him and showed a lope-sided smile.

It was true though; Eren had tried convincing Armin not to call him 'your highness' or 'your majesty' way too many times before. It didn't bother Eren much but he didn't want his own childhood servant and friend to be calling him that for the rest of his life.

"Eren," the other boy said with hesitation in his voice, "I know you way too well and I know that you begin to eat too much when you're bored which in case you haven't noticed is almost every day. If you're so bored why don't you read a book or take a walk in the rose garden with Bean?"

"You always suggest that," Eren groaned and stole a glance out the window. "I just want to go outside."

"Eren we've been through this conversation before and I hope we don't have to start it again. The King and Queen had told me not to let you outside and that is final. You can go outside in the front yard or garden but you can't go beyond those walls because her majesty claims it is very dangerous and we care a lot about you so we don't want you to get hurt."

"I don't think there's anything bad out there. I mean, sure there are dangerous people but the royal swords men in Father's army taught me how to swing a sword properly and the self defense expert taught me how to fight even to kill. I don't see the point in staying here all my life and wasting my talent," Eren claimed quietly.

"You're not wasting your talent. Remember what his majesty said once? He said we ought to train you so that we could find the perfect bride to rule alongside with you."

Freiheit | eren x levi On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara