Chapter 12- Just to Say

Chapter 12

////

Paige's POV

7 days ago I lost my best friend. 7 days ago my best friend died. 7 days ago was when I got the call to say that she died.

***Flashback***

My phone began to ran. It was ringing a specific ringtone. It was quaking. That meant it was Chloe calling me.

I stared at my phone.

Should I answer it?

What if she's dead?

What if she is alive?

What if she wants to see me before she dies?

All these questions went through my head. I decided to pick up my phone.

"Paige I need you to come to the hospital, NOW." Christi said sobbing through the phone.

"Ok, be there in five minutes." I said hanging up the phone.

"Mom, I'm going to the hospital to see Chloe. I'll call you when I'm leaving the hospital." I shouted not knowing where she was.

"Ok."

I got to the hospital and went up to floor four. I was there when I tried to commit suicide. It was for critical patients. I memorized her room number. I had been there the day she was admitted and was aloud to see visitors.

234, 235, 236,

237.

Under the number was her name.

Chloe Lukasiak.

I knocked on the door. Christi answered and gave me a hug. We went inside and I saw Chloe. She hasn't moved since I left yesterday. There were wires covering her whole right side. Her hair was all knotted and matted around her face. She had a tube down her throat making her chest rise and fall without her doing anything. I sat right beside her bed and stroked her hair. Tears came out of me like a waterfall. I turned to Christi.

"Why did it have to be her?"

"I don't know Paige, I really don't know."

"She was the nicest person I could ever ask for. She kept me from losing it when a kid called me a bitch 2 years ago. She made sure that I didn't get into trouble. She only went with Maddie because she would kill Clara if she didn't. She was such a good sister for Clara." I said making Christi's shirt covered in tear stains.

"I know Paige. I wish Clara will be ok if she passes."

"She will be fine. Just like her sister."

My mom walked in and told me it was time to go. I didn't want to go. But I had to go to dance. I couldn't miss another class.

I went up to Chloe. I leaned in so only she could hear me.

"Stay strong chlo. Clara needs you, your mom needs you, I need you. I know Chloe and she won't go down without a fight. She will get through this. She would get through this just to say that she did it. Just to say that she made her 25% of living true. Just to tell me and everyone else that she got through this."

I walked out that door without looking back because I knew I would see her again. I knew that one day I would walk in that room and see her full of energy just like the old Chloe.

~~~Time skip to dance~~~

"Paige get that leg up higher, you have to match Maddie!" screamed Abby.

I tried to get my leg up but I don't think it was good enough for Abby.

"PAIGE!!! How many times to I have to explain this. You need to match Maddies face. You know what go into the den, we will reverse after you get your brain in your head."

I walked out of the room without a second thought. I went to the den and checked my phone. I had 7 missed calls from Christi. I got up to go outside to call Christi. When I walked out of the den Maddie tripped me and I dropped my phone. I pretended nothing happened and picked up my phone and kept walking.

I saw in the mirror that Maddie looked confused on why I didn't say anything to her. I kept walking until I was outside at the front of the studio. When I looked at my phone it was cracked in the right corner from when I just dropped it. I didn't care because I wanted to know why Christi called me 7 times.

My phone rang twice and Christi picked up.

"Paige... Chloe's... Gone..." she said stuttering each word as she said it.

I dropped my phone in shock. I dropped to my knees and cried. I sat there for a while until my mom came out and asked me what's wrong.

"You know whats wrong mom? Whats wrong is that my best friend is now dead. Dead. I mean she's never coming back. Whats wrong is that I get bullied by my so called best friends. Whats wrong is that my world is falling apart. I lost my sister and my best friend. Now I have no one. No one to comfort me at school by the bullies. I have no one to talk to when I get home from school. That is whats wrong."

A/N: Hey. This took me forever to write. I had a lot of dialogue in this chapter. Sorry for making Chloe die. I needed for something really bad to happen. 10 reads to continue next chapter.

byeeeeeee