Chapter 44

It's a few weeks later and Jacob has asked me to be his girlfriend and everyone also knows we're together.

And they're all fine with it.

But let's talk about something else.

For example, tonight is our last concert.

It's the middle of January, but it's fifty degrees since we're back in California.

For our last concert, we're back where it all began, Los Angeles.

Cole has just finished and we're running on stage.

We've gotten pretty good at this, so I don't even need to signal that we're ready because Kimber knows we are by how much time has passed.

So right as the lights turn back on Jacob and Michael start playing.

And I start singing.

"You think you know me

But you don't know me

You think you own me

But you can't control me

You look at me and there's just one thing that you see

So listen to me

Listen to me"

It's our shortest song, but starting with short songs seems to have always worked during the whole tour.

So why stop?

Anyways, the concert lasts about another two hours, and once we are done performing, we have a meet and greet for another hour.

"I can't believe I'm finally meeting you!"

"You guys are amazing!"

The exclamations seem to all merge together. But I take my time getting to know something about each person I see.

For example, Sarah has been doing vocal lessons ever since she was in elementary school.

Laila has been learning how to play various instruments for years, and we're some of her idols who she told us keeps her going.

And Adrianne told us that our songs inspired her to be herself!

Isn't that incredible!?

I'm never going to forget this tour. I'm never gonna forget any of this.

***

It's weeks later and I'm waking up to someone slightly shaking me.

My eyes slowly open but once they are I see Jacob kneeling at the side of my bed with a smile on his face.

"Good morning my angel." he says.

"Angel?" I ask as I stretch and get up.

"Well you sing like one so why not?"

I smile and laugh a little then look at my phone to see it's five-thirty in the morning.

"Why in the world did you wake me up so early?" I groan.

Sure, it's not that early, but I usually sleep in until ten-thirty.

He just smiles, "It's a surprise. Now get up please. We have to leave in an hour. Change into something comfortable."

He kisses my forehead and then walks out and I just groan before getting out of bed and getting ready.

I take a quick shower and then change into a bright red sweater and some light skinny jeans. I dry my hair and just brush it before doing some simple makeup and then heading out of my bathroom.