Chapter 19

It's about two and a half weeks later and I am officially a college graduate.

Yesterday was my graduation and last night we had a party to celebrate. Sure, it wasn't huge and fancy, but I was with people I care about.

Michael and I are on pretty good terms, which means he's still in the band, which is good since we didn't want to have auditions for a new bassist.

Today is pretty much just a chill day. We don't have any gigs I need to worry about and since I no longer have school work (obviously) I can just spend the day thinking of some new lyrics.

When I walk into the kitchen to get something to eat for breakfast I find Kimber cooking a lot of food.

"What's all this?" I ask as I sneak a piece of bacon off the plate.

She just smiles, "I saw that. It's breakfast for you guys. You may not have been drinking last night but I know the boys will be hungover. So, like the amazing manager I am, I'm making breakfast. Take what you want."

I don't even try to argue and I start filling a plate, "Well thank you."

She smiles, "No problem. What are you thinking of doing today?"

I sit down on a bar stool by the island, "Probably just writing some new song lyrics."

"Nice, got any ideas yet?" she asks as she stacks the pancakes she just made onto another plate.

"Not yet...Wait you help write lyrics sometimes right?" she nods, "Wanna help me after you finish all this?"

She smiles, "Sure. You know it's a lot nicer having another girl around. Especially you, since you're not afraid to hold back."

I smile, "Well, I'm not planning on leaving any time soon."

We talk as she finishes cooking and while we both finish eating.

I start with the dishes and when she's grabbing something to drink I simultaneously hear groans coming from the stairs.

I look over and see the four idiots slowly coming down and I just laugh before pouring coffee into cups.

"Sit down you idiots and drink this."

They all sit down at the island and I hand them all a cup.

"Get what you want to eat, we both did already so the rest is fair game for the four of you," Kimber says in a louder voice than she was just ten minutes before.

They all groan and Noah just looks up at her, "Please stop yelling, we're begging you."

We both laugh which causes them to groan and hold their heads. We just smile and head out of the kitchen and go to the studio where we can work on lyrics without disturbing the idiots.

We sit down in some bean bag chairs in the non-recording area of the studio and we just go back and forth with random lyrics.

After about half an hour of doing this, I'm able to think of some lyrics that I actually like a lot.

"How about, 'This is a shout out to my ex Heard he in love with some other chick'?"

She smirks, "Okay, then it can go like, 'That hurt me, I'll admit Forget that boy I'm over it'."

I laugh a little and nod, "I like it."

We continue going and we eventually have a whole song and it sounds amazing.

"Okay, we have got to write more together, this is probably one of my favorite songs," I say with a smile.

"How about I get Noah and Will in here and we can work on the sheet music?" she asks with the same smile.

I nod and before I know it the four of us are writing the sheet music for every aspect of the song.

"This might be a single on its own, while I love it, I'm not sure if we could write a whole album's worth of songs similar to it," Will says as he finishes the guitar and bass sheet music.

I nod, "Sounds fine to me."

After another hour we're done and I put all the papers together and put them in my folder.

"Thank you guys, sorry for bothering you."

"No problem Luna, you weren't bothering anyone," Will says before heading out with Noah right behind him.

Kimber and I talk for a while again and we end up finishing another song that we call 'Black Magic' which I'm hoping will become a single like 'Shout Out to My Ex' which is the title of the other song we wrote.

While we're finishing the sheet music, Kimber's phone starts going crazy, and when she sees who it is her eyes go wide as she answers it.

"Mr. Lacewood, what can I help you with?" she says as she looks back at me.

As they continue the conversation, I realize that she's most lilely talking to the founder or someone closely related to the founder of Lacewood Records, which is why her eyes went wide when she saw who was calling.

"Alrght, I will tell them immediately, see you tomorrow."

She hangs up and I jut look at her confused, "Who was that?"

"Maxwell Lacewood. Founder and CEO of Lacewood Records." she replies as she starts getting up.

"What did he want?"

"Well, he heard that The Howling Wolves have a new lead, he wants to meet them."

My eyes go wide, "He wants to meet me? Does he even know who I am?"

She shakes her head, "He just knows you exist."

"Wait a minute, does he know I'm a girl?" I ask as soon as the thought enters my brain.

"Nope."

I start freaking out but she's able to calm me down a few minutes later.

"It's fine, it'll all be fine. I need to go tell the boys."

"But-"

"Get ready, Luna."