Chapter 30

The drive takes all day but eventually, we're pulling into the parking lot of some random hotel.

As I go to grab my bags, Kimber walks onto the bus.

"Alright you guys, we're gonna be staying here for tonight. A couple of crew members are gonna be here in a little bit to help with bags," she says as she walks down the aisle.

We all give some sort of response signaling that we understand and soon enough I'm handing one of my bags to a random guy.

I carry my backpack and a smaller suitcase off of the bus and into a crowd of people who I'm guessing were on the other buses.

I kind of just walk around and introduce myself to random people and they honestly all seem pretty great.

"Alright everyone gather around!" Kimber exclaims.

We do so and she just smiles.

"Alright, well, first of all, I wanted to just thank everyone for coming to help us out and I wanted to introduce myself as well as our main act real fast."

I walk up to where she's standing with the other four and kind of just stand there awkwardly.

"So, first off, I'm Kimberly Allen. I'm the band's manager and I prefer to be called Kimber."

Since I'm next in line, I take a deep breath and introduce myself, "As some of you know I'm Luna Bell. I'm the band's lead singer and I help write lyrics and sheet music for most of our songs."

"I'm Jacob Clarke, the band's guitarist."

"I'm Michael Allen, the band's bassist. I'm also Kimber's younger brother."

"I'm Noah Barnes and I am the band's drummer."

"And last but not least, I'm William Mendoza, but you can call me Will. I play the keyboard for the band."

Kimber talks for a little while longer and then she eventually starts handing out what she's been messing within her hands the entire time.

"These are your room keys, the room is written on the sleeve. Keep in mind that breakfast will be served until ten and then we need to be at the venue by one in the afternoon so we'll be ready for our first performance at seven."

Various responses are heard and eventually, everyone is heading into the hotel.

"Uhm where are our keys?" Will asks as we follow Kimber.

She pulls them out of her back pocket and hands them to us, "I was keeping them separate since you guys are in the penthouse. You'll have to go all the way up the elevator and then up a flight of stairs to get to it. Your stuff should be up there already."

We thank her and then head up to the room.

Once we reach the floor it's on, we head down a short hallway and I open the door to see a pretty amazing looking room.

The boys run in and I just shake my head at them while following.

They all run in different directions and I hear them all claim different rooms and I just head to the last one available, which is perfectly fine.

"Alright you idiots, I know this is exciting but it's late so I'm heading to bed," I say with a small smile.

They all say goodnight and I just walk into my room, closing the door behind me.

***

It's the next day and the boys and I are rushing down the elevator since we accidentally slept in and we only have half an hour to have breakfast.

When we get to the serving area barely anyone is still there.

But Kimber is.

And she is mad.

"Where the hell have you guys been?!" she yells as she pretty much stomps towards us.

"I'm sorry Kimber, we accidentally slept in," I reply.

She groans, "Work on that. Now go eat."

We nod and do what she says as soon enough we're sitting down at a random table, eating.

"I wonder who our opening act is..." Noah says before he takes a drink.

"Just ask Kimber," Michael says before stuffing his face with some sort of food.

I roll my eyes and look over at our manager, "Hey Kimber, I have a question."

"What up?" she asks as she walks over to us.

"Who's our opening act?"

She shrugs, "Sorry I don't know. Maxwell just told me it was someone Lacewood signed."

I slowly nod, "Alright, thanks."

After another twenty minutes or so, we're all finished so we just head back to the penthouse and hang out until it's time to head to the venue.

When we get there we kind of just wait until we're needed.

While I'm just talking to the idiots, Kimber comes over with two other girls who look around my age.

"Guys, meet Lydia Jones and Stephanie Miller, they will be your backup singers for the tour," Kimber says with a smile.

I smile at them and thank them for helping while I quickly look over them.

They both are absolutely gorgeous which I know the idiots noticed. Lydia has brown skin, long curly brown hair, and dark brown eyes. Stephanie has beige skin, short wavy dark brown hair, and dark brown eyes.

"Well I have to go check on the system techs, so you guys can hang out here," Kimber says before walking off in some direction.

"So I'm hoping you guys have already learned your parts?" I ask.

They both nod, "Yeah we got copies of all the music about a month ago," Stephanie replies.

"A month ago? We just found out about the tour a few days ago," Jacob says with a confused expression.

"This has been in the making ever since you started making your album. You probably weren't told since they didn't want you to go insane," Lydia replies.

I kind of just nod, "Alright then."

We all talk for a little while longer until I hear someone through a speaker on the ground near me.

"Could the band please come to the stage, could the band please come to the stage."