Chapter 36- Jacob's POV

"Alright...Three...Two...One!"

The three of us sped off and I was wildly swinging my arms in pretty much every direction.

I had my eyes open enough so I could see how far I was from the wall and right when I knew my hand was going to hit the side of the pool, I heard a thump coming from somewhere beside me.

But when I went up for air I couldn't figure out where it came from.

And then Michael came up beside me and I laughed at him since he seemed pretty mad that I got there first.

But Sia hadn't come up yet.

"Good job Jacob you win. Try to not let your ego fill the room," Will said as he gave me a high five.

I laugh a little then looked around curiously, "Uh guys do you see Sia anywhere?"

They all look around then I hear probably one of the worst sounds ever to come from Noah.

"Oh my god, guys."

We look down in the direction he's pointing and we all are able to see Luna lying on the bottom of the pool.

Without even thinking I immediately dive under and try to grab her.

But I can't reach.

Believe it or not, a few summers ago I was a lifeguard at a local pool. Nothing like this ever happened while I worked there, but I went through major training.

Once I get back up I yell at Kimber to call 911 and I dive back under.

Since we're in the deepest portion of the pool, it takes two more tries but I am finally able to bring her up with me. And I immediately push her up onto the side of the pool and climb out to try and help her.

The boys start to surround me but I just push them back.

"Guys I need space!" I yell.

They all back up enough and I get to work.

I tilt her head so any water right in her mouth will spill out and then I try to see if she's breathing.

Which she's not.

But she does have a pulse which is good.

Anyways, I tilt her head back and pinch her nose and start giving her mouth to mouth.

"Please don't kill me for this..." I think as I start doing some chest compressions.

"Ambulance is on the way I'll go wait for them!" I hear Kimber yell.

I just continue what I'm doing and I don't stop.

Two breaths, thirty compressions.

I have no clue how much time goes by. But what I do know, is that I can't let Luna die.

She's not just the lead singer, she's more than that. I haven't really shown that I think that but I do. She's an amazing person. She's talented, kind, hilarious, brutally honest when she needs to be, an amazing leader, and if I'm being completely honest pretty beautiful.

I have no idea where I would be if we didn't have her. She has helped me so much and I am going to make sure to help her.

As I'm doing more breaths, I feel Luna take a small breath and I slide back right as she turns to her side and starts coughing up all the water.

"Oh god..." she says as she goes to sit up but immediately grabs her head.

"Luna!" I hear the boys all yell before running over to us.

"Hey guys..." she groans.

I pull a chair over from behind her and I hold out my hand, "Can you stand up? It might be better if you sit in the chair."

She nods a little and takes my hand before slowly standing up and moving with a little of my help.

"What happened...?" she asks as she keeps holding her head.

"You drowned," Michael answers.

"What? God, I'm so stupid..."

I shake my head, "No you're not. Why are you holding your head?"

She groans and looks back at me, "I had my eyes closed during the race and at my top speed I hit the wall headfirst. It must've knocked me out which causes me to drown..."

"Alright, well that'll be good to know when the ambulance gets here."

"Ambulance? What ambulance?" she says as she tries to get up but I keep her from doing so.

"Sia you basically drowned, so Kimber called 911 and now an ambulance should be here any second."

"I don't need an ambulance-"

"Yes you do, Miss." a guy in an EMT uniform says as he walks over with his little crew.

She just groans and as she is put on the stretcher, I talk to the guy and tell him what happened.

"Alright, I'm sure your friend will be fine, we just want to make sure."

I nod, "Of course. Could you tell me which hospital you'll be going to? We're visiting."

He tells me the hospital and within a few moments Kimber, the other boys, and I are all in a cab heading there.