Chapter 8

"What are you doing here?" he asks as he stands up and turns the music off.

I shrug, "I was meeting the other guys the band works with, plus the other band members wanted to celebrate me joining the band."

He rolls his eyes, "I know that, no matter how loud my music is I can still hear what's happening downstairs. What I meant is what are you doing in my room?"

I put my cup down and lean against the doorframe, "well, Noah told me that you felt bad about what you did to me while drunk, I just wanted to know if that's true or not?"

His eyes go wide but then he just starts to slightly nod, "Yeah, it is. If I had known what I was doing, that never would've happened, I swear. I'm sorry, the only reason I did it was because I thought you were attractive and the alcohol causes me to not think before I act and oh god I'm rambling..."

I laugh, "Relax, as long as that means you are sorry I think I can forgive you. Of course, I think you owe me something."

He raises an eyebrow, "What's that?"

I smirk, "Where'd you get the ring?"

On the middle finger of his right hand, there's a silver wolf ring with red eyes, and right when I mention it his eyes dart down at it and then back up at me.

"It was a gag gift from Cole." he blankly says.

"Know where he got it?"

"I think so."

"By the time I'm moved into my room I want to have one."

His eyes go wide, "Hold on, two things. First off, you're moving in? And second of all, you want me to buy you a wolf ring?"

I smirk, "The other's asked me before we started celebrating, and yeah, I want a version of the ring."

He sighs and sits back down on the bed while still looking at me, "Fine. Can you go away now?"

I smirk and shake my head, "Nope, there's still one more thing you have to do for me to fully forgive you."

He groans, "What?"

"Confess that I'm an amazing singer."

He laughs a little and just shakes his head, "Alright, I confess. You're an amazing singer. Now, will you leave?"

I smile and nod, "Yep. Cya later."

He rolls his eyes but I just grab my drink and head out of the room and back downstairs to continue celebrating.

***

I finally get back to the apartment around eight that night and when I walk in I see hundreds of polaroid pictures scattered around the floor.

"Woah Julz...I didn't think you had this many!" I exclaim as I step over multiple piles so I can sit next to her.

"Neither did I. How'd it go? I'm assuming good since you've been gone for as long as you were," she says as she starts to sort a pile.

I help her and nod, "Well you are assuming correctly. I met some of the other guys the band works with and we celebrated me joining the band."

"Nice. Did the jerk join?"

I laugh a little, "Nah, he stayed in his room, but he did apologize, so that was nice to hear."

"Really? That's disappointing, I really wanted to beat him up. He has that kind of face you just want to punch...ya know?"

I smile and nod, "Yeah I do. There's also one more thing."

"Hm?" she asks as she reaches for one of the empty picture albums in front of us.

"The band wants me to move into the band house."

She smiles and a gleam shines in her eyes, "You're gonna do it right?"

"I think so...Only if you are okay with it though. I'll still work shifts at the café," I say as I help put in some pictures.

"Of course it's okay. And don't worry about the café, I can handle it. Do you know when you're going to start moving in?"

I smile, "I'm planning on starting to pack tomorrow so I can start moving in next Saturday morning."

She nods and closes a now full album, "I'm proud of you and I'm so happy your childhood dream is coming true. How about once we put these back in their albums we go take a walk and get some donuts?"

I smile and quickly nod, donuts have always been one of my favorite foods, "Let's hurry up then!"

She laughs and we start working faster and once we're done we head out and get some amazing donuts.

***

Throughout the week, I only do one thing: pack.

The very first thing I did was instead of adding to a messy room, I cleaned my room. Sure, I'll make it messy again while packing but that doesn't mean it has to start that way.

Anyways, after that, I kinda just went around my room with some boxes and trash bags grabbing things that I could donate, and of course, throw away.

To do that, I went from one piece of furniture to the next. Since I have multiple drawers, shelves, and other pieces this definitely took a while, and once I was done getting everything I was gonna donate and throw away, I had to do it all again so I could start packing.

Since they said to not bring any furniture, I couldn't just make sure the drawer towers wouldn't open and throw them in the truck like I did when I moved into the apartment. Nope, I had to empty them all and pack them in boxes like everything else, which isn't too hard but just closing the drawers would've been a lot easier.

So I just started emptying the drawers and packing it all in dozens of boxes that Julz had bought from a store.

I had Julz label the boxes I was done with since she was helping me out whenever she got back from the cafe, and once we were done with all the drawers, we started with the huge amount of shelving I have in the room.

Like we did with the drawers, we just go from shelf to shelf and transfer everything there into boxes.

The band rented a moving truck so we can move everything into the house, and Jacob said he would drop it off on Friday.

I wrapped special/fragile things like framed pictures, candles, and souvenirs in paper and I put them in specifically labeled boxes so I would know that I would most likely have to pack those boxes in my car.

The last things packed were clothes and a few last-minute things, including my laptop, things I use for school, and just life essentials.

"I'm going to miss you," Julz says while we are relaxing in the living room.

I smile, "I bet I'm going to miss you more. But, you get to now use my room however you'd like."

She laughs a little, "I guess that's true. Just remember you are always welcomed back."

I smile and give her a hug, "Don't worry I'll visit so much you'll wish I would leave you alone."

She laughs and when we come out of the hug we just relax and watch tv for the rest of the night.