Chapter 2

It's hours later and the gig is supposed to start in an hour. Since everything is up to the band's expectations, I'm sitting at a corner table working on some assignments.

"The band will be here in fifteen minutes, Luna! You may wanna clean yourself up," she says with a smirk.

I roll my eyes, "And why would I want to do that?"

"I mean for one thing you are covered in flour."

My eyes dart down from my laptop screen to my clothes and I see my black jeans covered just like she said.

I groan and get up, "That stupid band wanted twelve dozen cookies, and now I have to go change."

I head into the back where I always have an outfit on hand for this exact reason and I grab it before going into the bathroom to change.

Once I'm done changing into the purple crop top and ripped jeans, I head back out to the front just to see the band walking in.

"The stage is to the right you guys," Julz says before leading them to the area.

When you go into the café you can either go right or left. To the right, you have the stage, open floor, and anything you may need for a gig or a birthday party. To the left, you have the main dining area which looks more like your classic café.

"Hey, Sia!"

I go to where I hear the yell which is in the stage room to see the blond guy looking right at me with a smirk.

"That's not my name," I say with a glare.

"Well, you never told me your name, and the first time we met you were singing a Sia song. So, I'm gonna call you Sia," he has that type of face that is so punchable it's insane.

I roll my eyes and look over to my sister who is helping set up their instruments to the sound system, "I gotta finish my work, Julz. Call if you need me."

I head back out of the room and I sit back down at the corner table so I can finish the assignment.

A little over an hour later, the lead singer of The Howling Wolves was performing with his fellow bandmates.

They were actually pretty good. They were more of a pop band which I'm not complaining about and they definitely have some sort of connection.

At least that's how it seemed.

After the gig, I was cleaning the area when I heard yelling coming from behind the stage.

"What is wrong with you?! We're a band! We're supposed to stick together!"

"You guys are holding me back! I'm taking the deal and you amateurs can't stop me!"

I continued to hear yelling and I would be lying if I said I didn't want to go listen in more, but I decided to just ignore it and listened to music as I continued cleaning.

***

It's a couple of days later and I am serving at the café when I start to hear someone asking multiple people the same questions only to get the same answer every time.

"Have you seen some girl working here? Brown hair, light blue eyes, and fair skin? It's important."

Since the description fit me pretty well I served the last person in line and headed over to the guy looking around for who I'm guessing is me.

I walk up to him and he seems familiar but I can't completely figure out why.

"Can I help you?" I ask.

The guy is kind of buff but I've been more impressed. He has brown spiked up hair clearly filled with gel and green-blue eyes.

"Are you Sia?" he asks as he looks me over.

I groan and nod, "Yeah, that's me. What can I do for you?"

"We are holding an event and we want to use this place as our venue again. You can do that, can't you?" he asks, clearly not wanting to be having this conversation.

I scan him over and just nod, "Yeah. When is the event?"

"Friday afternoon at four."

I take a mental note, "What's the event?"

"None of your business," he says with a growl that took me by surprise.

"I mean it is since this is my family's café. So, I'll ask again. What's the event?"

He rolls his eyes, "Auditions."

I'm about to ask more about it when he turns on his heel and walks out.

Auditions? Why would they need auditions? They had a whole band a couple of days ago. Unless...

I shake the thought out of my head and decide to just ignore it as I head back to work. I told Julz about the event and she says thanks for the info.

***

Over the next few days, Julia sends me out to get supplies for the band's auditions and I have been recording how many people and who are auditioning.

On Friday while I'm helping set up everything, Julia has a terrible idea.

"You should audition."

My eyes go wide, " No way! It's a guy only band!"

"So? We both know girls have signed up. Besides you're amazing!" she exclaims.

"I'm not auditioning. I don't have the time."

She mutters something under her breath and I look over at her and see that she is actually really mad about this. I'm about to speak up when we both hear the bell above the front door ring.

I just assumed it was another customer since we are still open but a few moments later one of our waitresses walks up to us.

"The band is here. They are asking for one of you, it doesn't matter who," she says before walking back out.

Without saying anything Julz walks out and I look at the clock on the wall, and it says three-fifty, ten more minutes until the auditions start.