Chapter 32

"How did this happen?!" Jacob yells.

"Dude don't yell so loud we don't want anyone to hear us from back here," Noah says.

"C' mon we need to find Kimber," Will says before making us go further backstage.

When we finally find her she is screaming into her phone.

"I don't care if he was the only one available! Just don't give us an opening act! No! I won't calm down!"

After what seems like hours, she finally hangs up and looks up at us, "I'm so sorry guys I had no idea Maxwell was gonna make him our opening act."

I look at her and just smile a little, "It's not your fault so there's no need to apologize. But we're still gonna have to calm down before going on stage."

She nods and hands us all something to eat since that's the only way we really ever calm down. And I'm very glad she gave me something that won't mess with my voice.

"Alright, well he's most likely gonna take about half an hour so just get back into your performing mindset," Kimber says with a slightly comforting smile before walking off.

I send the boys to go calm down away from the stage and I look out onto the stage to see how the audience is reacting to the idiot performing.

They seem to be enjoying it which makes me way madder than it should but I don't blame them. If it wasn't a total jerk on that stage, I would be cheering also.

He's good.

"We don't have to be ordinary

Make your best mistakes

'Cause we don't have the time to be sorry

So baby be the life of the party

I'm telling you to take your shot it might be scary

Hearts are gonna break

'Cause we don't have the time to be sorry

So baby be the life of the party"

I walk away from the stage and just do all the vocal warmups I can think of.

After another half-hour, the boys and I are completely calmed down and we are standing backstage, ready to perform.

Cole finishes up his last song and as the crowd cheers, he walks off towards the other side of the stage.

But of course, he still smirks at us as he does.

Just like Kimber said, the lights go out and we run out as quickly as possible to our equipment.

We all get ourselves ready and once I get a nod from all four of my boys, I signal to Kimber we're ready.

And the announcer comes back on.

"Now, for the moment we've all waited for. Please welcome, The Howling Wolves!"

The crowd cheers and as the lights come on we start our first song.

***

After the concert, we have a meet and greet and everything went great. Bad Romance was perfect and I didn't even think about changing octaves.

After the little event, the boys and I head to the green room to wait for Kimber to tell us what happens next since we honestly have no clue what we're doing.

As we walk in we are joking and messing around so we aren't really paying attention to what's going on around us.

That is until we hear someone clear their throat.

We all go quiet and look a the couch to see our jerk of an opening act sitting there with a smirk.

"Well, if it isn't the main act. Tell me how does it feel?" he asks as he stares right at me.

"What are you doing here," I snap.

He just smiles and stands up, "Well, my little replacement, I'm a performer, so I am able to stay in here to relax. It's quite simple really."

I growl, "I meant on our tour."

He shakes his head and moves his gaze to someone else, "As Lacewood Records rising star, I was the first pick for your opening act. You all should feel honored to have me here."

I hold in a laugh and I hear the boys fail at it, "Rising star? Seriously?"

His smirk disappears, "Dead serious. I don't understand how you got the tour when I clearly am much better. You guys should be my opening act."

I scoff, "You're insane. Now get out I don't want to have to see you more than necessary."

"Make me."

I roll my eyes, "Real mature. None of us want this so it would be easier for you to just stay out of our sight."

He looks at the others, "Are you really going to let her talk to me like this? I mean honestly, I get you guys were desperate but you can't honestly be happy with her here."

I'm about to snap at him when I feel someone hold me back and Jacob and Michael both move forward.

"Shut the hell up," Michael snaps.

"Luna is the best lead we could ever have and that includes you. You're a piece of trash and you're mad that we replaced you so easily. Guess what? I wish we never had you as the lead. You were the one holding us back. Luna is the one who wrote all our hits. We performed the same five songs every gig. We could never think of anything new. But during the short time with her as lead, we made a whole album, and we formed a big enough fan base to go on this tour. I wish she said more to you. She can be worse than her sister. And trust me you don't want to meet her sister. She's an amazing musician and person in general. Now, how about you do what she says and get the hell out of here."

As Jacob finishes, I just stare at him in shock. I never would have thought he would say that much about me.

Cole just looks at all of us one last time then scoffs, "Fine, you win. I'll stay out of your way."

He walks out and we all kind of just stand there for a moment until Kimber walks in.

"What's up you guys...?"

"We just had an argument with Cole," Jacob replies.

She nods then looks at her phone, "Alright well we're good to head back to the hotel so let's get going."

We all just say okay and head out to the buses.

But I can't shake the feeling that I probably should talk to Jacob.