Chapter 10- Rejection is Protection

Creds to Scorflix for the amazing GIF above!! Thank you!!

--------------------

"You two we're supposed to be in Mila's ten minutes ago!" Oli screamed at James and Lia through the phone. They had a mute button. The closest thing I have from that was earplugs. But even Oli's yelling is strong enough for me to still hear her.

Wonderful.

"What do you mean, 'You lost track of time'?" A muffled sound came from the phone.

"This early in the morning? Are you two insane? Couldn't you have done that quicker? Or even better, some other time?!" I scoffed already imagining their answer. Yeah, right.

Something came from the line and Oli shrieked. "Get. Down. Here—How disrespectful!"

She looked at us. "They just ended the call in the middle of my sentence! They're late. Again!" She emphasized.

"When are they not late?" I murmured and yawned. This is my precious weekend, ladies and gentlemen.

She looked like a child pulling out her hair. I lazily stood up and pulled Carter off the couch.

"Be a sweetheart and get Oli a heavily spiked drink." I grumbled, half-joked. He looked at me like I had grown two heads.

"I'm kidding."

Just as he left to catch up to her, I sighed and mumbled, "Even that wouldn't make this more fun."

I sunk right back to the silky purple couch next to Noah. I should've been sleeping or reading a book, instead I was waiting for everyone to get here for the meeting.

I wished I could be at two places at a time.

It had been about a month since the whole wedding was official and Oli was stricter than ever. It wasn't even weeks before the wedding and she has us organized like the military!

This was ridiculous.

It was just Noah and I on the couch. Max, Dean, Devani, and Monica where all a few tables away drinking coffee, trying to stay alive in this pit of misery.

I loved Oli, but I was seriously wishing she'd start the damn meeting already! But no, everybody must be there.

I may as well have used this time wisely. It was time for plan A.

"Hey, so how is the whole 'coming out' thing going on?" I tried to ask without much interest, but probably failing. I should've really taken acting classes. I didn't even fit a d-list actress!

"Well, Mom is coming home in a few weeks. But I'm not telling that woman. She's too old fashioned and I'm pretty sure she and I would both prefer secrecy."

"Am I the only who knows?" I said, feeling all giddy and important.

He laughed at my expression. "No. Few of my colleagues know. If I told Olithia, la chismosa will tell my mom. And you see, I'm not rooting for that." Way to let me down!