Chapter Four: Getting To Know You And Me

Beginne am Anfang

"Yes, back in those days were brutalized and used as their owners pleased. The wife of the man was lonely often and therefore used her slaves for pleasure. Caius was her source of pleasure one fateful night. Another slave was jealous of Caius because she chooses him more often then he. In revenge he tipped off the husband about the affairs and found Caius with his wife. The woman said the Caius raped her and the husband believed her. He took all his fury out on Caius and Caius was dragged out to the square of the city where he was stripped and beaten almost to death. That night we found him attracted by the blood just in time before he died. We pitied him and changed him."

"Wow it's no wonder he so angry all the time and hates humans," Bella said thoughtfully.

"Yes, I believe so," Aro agreed.

"When Caius woke from the change he was bent on revenge. He chose his first victims to be the slave master and his wife. He tortured them for hours, slowly draining them dry, before finishing them. His newborn year was quite bloody to say the least. Full of anger and bitterness he joined any battle he thought worthy. He always said the war was a great opportunity for blood and satisfaction. On his many battles he came across his wife Athenodora. She was a noble of Greece. During the siege of her home she tried to flee but was trapped in the tower. She was brought there by her father for her safety as the battle raged. How ironic. The enemy found her and captured her. The soldier that encountered her was indeed Caius. When he took Athenodora he felt the bond to her and brought her home and changed her. They have been together for over a thousand years."

"So, that's how we kings met, and we gathered many vampires that shared our visons. Alliance, trust, justice, law and order. That is how the Volturi was formed and we live by. We made laws and enforced them to protect our kind. Mostly and importantly we enforce the law that no human is to know of our existence. I often look for those with powerful useful gifts for the coven. I made this my mission in life. The most prized guard is Chelsea. She manipulates bonds. She has red hair, thin and of short stature. Afton her mate has a shielding ability. He is often seen with his wife and is muscular with black hair. Demetri is an excellent tracker. He is blond, lean and tall. He hangs out with Felix a lot. My second most prized guards are Jane and Alec. Jane is short, young and blonde and the physical age of 12. She has the ability of the illusion of great pain. She and her brother are inseparable. Alec is a short boy with mouse-brown hair. He has the ability to disable all senses. They are twins. Felix, he is thee tallest and strongest of the guard. The lesser guard consist of Corin, she has the ability to make one content in any state. She often is in the tower with the wives. Heidi is the most beautiful of the guards. She has the ability of allurement. The guard affectionately calls her the fisher. As she brings our dinner. Reneta is a short female with straight black hair and my personal guard. She has the ability to shield herself as well as who ever she touches. You will no doubt be spending much time with her; she likes to cling. Santiago is her mate and he has curly brown hair and is fairly tall."

"It is going to be hard to remember everyone," Bella said anxiously.

"Yes, I know but be observant and listen to them talk," Aro advised.

"You want some tea, before we go into more," Bella asked thoughtfully.

Aro looked over at the desk with the pot steaming slightly and nodded, "That will be nice, thank you."

Bella got up and poured him a fresh cup, giving him a pack of sugar. "Here you go."

Aro took a sip of the bittersweet beverage and sighed. It was warm and refreshing. Aro had forgotten what human food tasted like. It was a pleasure to rediscover it again.

"Aro, I know that you are a human blood drinking vampire, but I don't think I can go though with it," Bella confessed.

"I know how you feel, but you can't just go out and drink animal blood like the Cullen's'. It is not our way."