"I know. There's one more period. Just one more class and we can go home. The teacher is very sweet, and we learn how to make music. Her name is Athena Blossom. She doesn't like to be called by Miss or her last name."

He nodded, looking lost in a memory, and I led him to my favorite class.

I'm pretty sure that we are scheduled to sing today. Athena loves to sing and hear us sing. Since William would just be listening to us sing, the class would go by fast for him.

I sat down in my seat after explaining to Athena that I was late because of Miss Dennings. She pulled out her folder and smiled, greeting the class.

"Good afternoon, you beautiful beings! We are singing today, so I hope you brought water bottles, smiles, and your lovely voices. We'll be focusing on mainly three songs! Komm süßer Tod, Steal Away Home, and Duetto Buffo di Due Gatti."

William leans over, seemingly in higher spirits already, "that's a very weird mixture of songs. Come sweet death, a gospel song, and strange two cats duet. Can't wait to hear that last one, though." I wasn't quick to believe that he was fine, though, as his eyes remained a dull orange.

Oh that's what that means! That makes so much sense!

We went through Bach's "Come Sweet Death" fairly quickly if you could call 20 minutes quickly. The only problems with the song were pronunciations and that second sopranos were singing altos part sometimes. In my opinion, the pronunciation issue made sense because the words are not English. But that's just me.

As a first soprano, steal away home is simultaneously my favorite and least favorite song. Don't get me wrong, the song is absolutely beautiful. However, the fact that we have to get so high above the register annoys me. To add further insult to injury, we have practiced it so many times that I have already memorized it and only one other soprano and I can hit some of the notes.

"My Lord, he calls me. He calls me by the thun... der."

I sigh when she cuts us off right after we had to hit two particularly high notes. "Guys that was pretty good. The decrescendo and cut off on thun- was good. But I need you to come in strong for the -der at the end. Run it again and then we can go to the last song."

I count on my head as she directs us in.

1..2..3.

"My lord he calls me. He calls me by the thun... der. The shepherds-"

"Much better! Good! Could still be better, but we don't have much time so we can move on to the last song. 7 minutes to the bell! Lillian and Bethany step forward to do your parts. The rest of you. You are a quiet background because this song is supposed to be a duet with a piano or guitar. You will be acting as such an accompaniment."

The song, however silly it was, was very serious when it came to being on tune and hitting the notes. As a first soprano who could sing as low as first alto, I had the second part. I was doing really well as far as taking the song serious...

Until I got to the first "realistic" meow. There was absolutely no way I could hold back the smile that soon graced my facial features. I was able to reign in my almost-laughs when we got to the faster part of the song.

I glanced over at William to find him smiling. I smiled back before going into the higher harmony of the song for the last time. When we finished, Athena cut us off with a wide grin and threw her hands in the air. "Fabulous! That was wonderful! Including the genuine smiles," she glanced at me. "Let the audience know you're having fun with this."