The Way You Make Me Feel

He lifted himself from over me and sat back, stretching as he stood. He began to remove his shorts and I backed away in alarm.

Seeing my fear, he spoke, "I am only removing my clothes because you made me soil them."

Shocked I retorted, "I made you do no such thing! I was only laying here."

"Laying there thinking about the things I could do to you," he mumbled.

"Well, you should learn to control yourself."

He shook his head and grabbed a new pair of boxers and shorts before he made his way to the bathroom to clean himself. I stared after him, in a sort of shocked trance.

He came in his pants. Wow. I wonder what else I can make him do...

"Stop it!" I only half-heard the shout from the bathroom before I laughed to myself. "Get out of my head, then!"

"I literally just told you that isn't how it works! Just think about something else." The last sentence was said normally as he exited the bathroom.

"Okay. I'm pretty hungry. I'll just think about food."

"If you're hungry, you shoud eat," he furrowed his brows as he spoke.

"But that would defeat the purpose of me being hungry enough to think about food."

"Bu- I- okay. I do not understand your logic, but alright."

"I feel like you're more of a friend to me than a slave." I said after much thought.

"Good. I don't like to think of myself as being anyone's plaything. Before I became what I am to your people now, I was meant for something much greater."

"Ooh, yay. Story time!"

"There's not really much of a story to tell. I was a young boy, in training to become the King of the Vampires when they raided the Kingdom. They were smart enough to do it in daylight, when vampires are at our weakest. Haven't seen the people that lived in the castle with me since."

"Oh.. I'm sorry."

Wait... are you kidding me? I bought the vampire king. I didn't even want a slave and I own the vampire king!

He chuckled, and I remembered he could hear my thoughts.

"I'm sorry I just don't know how to feel."

He laughed, "I suppose you continue to feel the way that you have been feeling."

I smiled and nodded, "yea I suppose so."

I didn't know what or how he was managing to make me feel. Perhaps it was because I'd closed myself off in this house for all my life. Either way, I was beginning to like the way this vampire was making me feel.