Admit It

"So... wolves and vampires don't really get along, do you? I mean obviously, the fictional books that were written were published back when we thought you guys were a figment of our imagination, but you guys actually don't get along. Right?"

We had been sitting on the roof on the abandoned parking garage for a while and had started a conversation that eventually led back to the blow up at school and the deep-set hatred between him and the young (I assumed) wolf.

"No. Contrary to what humans think, we hate each other. Our alliance only lasted long enough to attempt to win the war. And yes he's young. Around my age."

"Oh... I see."

I squeezed his hand that I still held in mine and leaned a little closer to him, hearing a small intake of breath when I did so. "Are you better now?" He gave me a small smile, which I at first thought would be his only answer.

"Much better."

"Good. I figured coming here would do some good. I always come here when things get to be a little too much for me. It's a good place to just calm down, I think."

He hummed in what I assumed was an agreement. "May I lay my head on your shoulder?"

I looked over at him, the question unexpected. He was staring back at me with a waiting gaze. I nodded, knowing that was all the confirmation he needed. I leaned my head on his as it laid across my shoulder. I was oddly comfortable with this.

"The argument sounded like something you both know, but don't want anyone else to know..."

He sighed. Way to ruin the moment Lillian. Wait. I just admitted to that being a moment.

I blushed, remembering that he could hear my thoughts, and turned my mind back to the question I had asked. I lifted my head to look at him and felt him stiffen.

"Please don't do that."

"Do what?"

"Move away from me like that."

I was just trying to look at you. Geez, me pulling my hand away earlier must have really upset him.

He cringed, and I remembered again that he could hear my thoughts. I should learn to think before I think. Fuck, that's complicated.

As a way to avoid what I just said, or rather thought, I turned our attention back to my question. I was determined to get an answer to this question. What was so important or even bad that no one else could know. I have a feeling that Will didn't just threaten the wolf because he was a wolf. There was something he didn't want the wolf to say.

"So are you going to answer?"

He glanced away from me and licked his lips to wet them before speaking, "I don't really want to discuss that right now. It will give me a headache."

He seemed perfectly fine right now and something in me doubted that the conversation would actually give him a headache. "We both know that your headaches can be easily remedied." I retaliated.

At that, he let out a smile that made me want to kiss him. "Can we discuss it at the house?"

"We can," I finally conceded, pushing away the urge to kiss him. "We should start heading back now anyway or look for a place to have lunch."

He nodded, standing up with my hand still captured in his. I went to start walking towards the steps to go down, but he didn't move. I turned to look at him and found myself looking down where he held my hand tightly.

"May I kiss you? Just uh.. before we go," he let out a small chuckle which I think was to cover the nervousness.

He's so tall and scary looking all the time. But right now he's so cute!