Chapter Thirteen

Elias hadn't left his office in hours. She had sat on her bed, waiting for him to come to her. He had told her he wanted to see her later when they had woken up but he hadn't come. 

Myra had waited and waited. She had been tempted to go to his office but she didn't. A part of her told her to stay back and Myra had listened to that part of her mind. She had fallen asleep but she had woken up this morning to the house buzzing with life. People were going back to their old lives, to their old routines. She had dressed in a grey jumpsuit. It was tight around her waist, giving her an hourglass figure. She stared at herself in the mirror, as she pulled her hair up in her famous hairstyle. A bun. 

She looked determined and she was, as she walked out of her room. Myra closed the door behind herself and headed upstairs rather than downstairs.

She walked upstairs and straight towards his office door. 

Myra could hear the sound of some video playing in the office as she opened the door. Elias had his eyes glued to the TV on the wall that played a video, over and over again. Aunt Mary's death. 

"Leave." He muttered the single word to her as he tried to dismiss her. She closed the door behind herself as she entered the room. 

Elias turned his face towards her as the sound of growls were muted around her. He watched every step she took towards his desk. 

"Get up." She told him. 

"No. I have work to do." He was trying so hard to dismiss her but she didn't care as she leaned over the desk. 

Myra grabbed a hold of his chin and turned his face away from the video and made him look at her. "Get up and eat something." She glared at him. 

His eyes darkened as he stood up. Myra watched as he walked around the desk and towards her. She faced him, not taking a step backwards as he stood in front of her. 

"I've already eaten. It's a new day, Myra. I have work to do." His voice was close to a growl as he stared at her. 

"Have I done something wrong?" She asked him softly. She wanted to fix it, whatever she had done wrong. If he needed space, she wanted him to clearly to tell her to fuck off. 

"We're friends. Friends don't always hang around." He gave her a stupid answer that made her growl under her breath. 

Myra noticed a smirk on his lips as she glared up at him. "Friends?" She spat the word out. "I don't want to be your friend. I don't want to give you mixed signals. I want to be with you, Elias." She was seething at his smirk. 

"No." He was mocking her as he turned away from her and walked away. 

She followed him and grabbed onto his arm, stopping him from sitting down at his desk. "What do you mean no? You wanted this. I want it too now." 

He spun around and chuckled at her. "See the problem in that? You want this now. I wanted it from the beginning." 

"You said you would wait for me." She could feel the burning rage inside of her. She pushed it away as she stared at him. 

Elias answered her, his gaze never breaking from hers. "I will always wait but I don't to be with someone who gives me mixed signals. One day you want don't want to be with me, the next day you want to be friends and now you want to be my soulmate." He took a step away from her and sat down on his chair. "What if tomorrow you wake up and decide you want to be friends again?" He rested his hand on the chair handle and watched her with questioning eyes. 

He was teasing her. Taunting her into saying what she was afraid of admitting. 

"Fine." She narrowed her eyes on him. "Fine." She repeated as she spun around to walk away. Elias grabbed a hold of her hand, and spun her around, pulling her towards him. Myra fell onto him and he held her up by her waist as she placed her hands on his shoulders.