R&K: Protecting Your Ass

The night before they go up to the mountains.

Stress was a word Ryan didn't deal with. He liked to be carefree, live a fun life, be happy with his mate, have one child for his mom's sake, and then die peacefully. Stress was not invited to his life's party yet he was sweating like a bitch in heat.

Panting breathlessly, Ryan continued to do his press ups even as his arms ached after the two hundredth one. He dropped to the ground and groaned as his chest hit the cold floor. Fuck sake. A second went by but he pushed himself upwards and started again.

He needed to be strong for tomorrow. To be alert. It would be Kaiden, his wolf's job to protect them but Ryan had to be watching incase Kaiden fucked up.

Shut the fuck up. Kaiden growled at him, on edge himself. I am going to kill anyone who comes near us.

Ryan rolled his eyes, a smile on his face just as his room door opened. He stopped his press ups and looked up at Kyle, the box of takeout in his hands. "Y0u didn't eat." He kicked the door shut as Ryan blinked at him.

One fucking look and his stressful mind was eased.

"I'm busy." Ryan sighed, sitting on the floor and wiping the sweat from his forehead with the shirt he had thrown on the floor within the first ten press up he was doing.

"You'll be fine tomorrow." Kyle shrugged his shoulders like what was happening tomorrow wasn't one of the scariest parts ever.

Kyle and the others hadn't taken anyone up to the mountains with them to protect other than the Alpha who would be watching them, assessing them of everything they did. Ryan had said fuck it and wanted them all to come.

Ryan chuckled humorlessly. "As much as I like your face and love your voice, Kyle, leave me alone for now." He needed his full attention on training, on trying to remember everything anyone in school had said about the mountains and the wild animals.

"Fine." Kyle muttered and walked out the door silently, not uttering another word. Ryan rubbed his face. He was fine with being friends though his heart grew fonder every fucking time he saw Kyle.

Everyone knew they were mates. Adrian, Bella, every single person in the pack knew and Ryan didn't give a fuck. Kyle didn't care either but he still didn't hold his hand. Neither did he grab him by the shoulder or try to throw him down like they used to fight.

Everything had stopped because of the goddamn sparks. When Kyle cooked, they all stood in line, getting their food while watching the latest movies. Kyle had reached out for a plate yesterday in the kitchen and so had Ryan, their fingers touching and the sparks erupted like someone had set fireworks off inside of him. Kyle had removed his hand immediately, telling him he'd get another plate.

Running his hands through his hair, he pushed himself upwards and stretched his arms out before dropping the grey joggers he was wearing. His cock sprung free and he rolled his eyes at the semi hardness he already had.

Ryan walked towards the bathroom just as the door to his room opened again. He ignored it, knowing it was Kyle with the way his dick hardened.

"Don't ever speak to me like that again." Kyle growled at him, his ego being rubbed the wrong way.

"Suck my dick." Ryan muttered, stepping into the shower and turning it on, letting out a sigh of relief at the cold water that shot out at him. "Can you leave so I can mastrubate in peace and get this frustration out?"

"Why are you frustrated?" Kyle questioned acting oblivious to Ryan's dick.

"Oh I don't know-" Ryan answered with sarcasm dripping from his voice as he washed his hair. "Maybe because I'm taking a big step in my life from being a pup to a wolf tomorrow."