Chapter One

It was dark outside, the sun had disappeared and the stars were shining. She was hiding behind the rose bushes. Myra didn't care that the thorns were cutting into her bare arms or the wet grass felt gross under her hands. 

She waited. She listened. She did not breathe. 

"Where the fuck is she?" Her dad growled as she heard him run past her. "The Alpha will kill us if she has ran away." 

Myra begged the Moon Goddess in her mind to not let them find her as she let out a soft breath. 

"Spread out! She's here somewhere!" Her mom shouted to the pack members. 

No no no. 

Myra could hear them standing beside the bushes. 

She didn't breathe. She didn't move a finger. She didn't squint her eyes as her mom flashed a light on the bush. 

"There you are." Myra heard her voice as her mom pulled the bush apart into two. 

"No!" She screamed at her and Myra crawled out of the bush. She lifted herself up and the long nightgown she was wearing, and she ran. 

Myra didn't look back as she ran ahead, trying to dodge the pack members and her parents screaming and shouting at everyone to grab her. 

She was not going to let them catch her.

"Fucking grab her!" Her dad shouted somewhere far away as she held the bottom of the nightgown tightly in her hand and ran. 

The pain of the stones and twigs did not register in her mind as Myra stared straight ahead at her goal. 

She needed to cross the border to get out and into No Man's Land. A line which no pack member crossed alone in fear of getting attacked by rogues that waited in the darkness, ready to kill their own kind. 

She needed to cross it. 

Myra sprinted ahead, in and around the trees and a few feet away from the border of her pack. She smiled to herself as she ran faster. 

It was right there in front of her. The white line drawn onto the ground to split the territory up. 

She ran faster, the adrenaline blocking out every sound around her as she went to cross the border. Myra placed her foot out just as someone tackled her into the ground. 

A scream left her lips as she was tackled back into her own territory again. 

"You're not leaving." The man hissed in her ear. 

Myra froze. 

Alpha Tom. 

"Get off me!" Myra screamed at him as he held her in place. She didn't want him to touch her. 

The adrenaline in her body was pushing away the fear inside of her. She could feel it as she tried to pull away from Alpha Tom. He held on to her tightly as if he was afraid she would run. She would. 

"You are not going anywhere." Alpha Tom growled into her ear. "You are getting married tomorrow and if I have to tie you to that bed for Alpha Jackson, I will." He tightened his hand around her waist and dug his fingers in. 

Myra hissed at the pain and the blood dripping through from a previous cut. He opened her stitches. 

"Do not fuck with me." Alpha Tom stood up. 

Myra laid on the ground, praying and begging the Moon Goddess to rip apart the world so it could swallow her up. 

"You have embarrassed us." Her mom whispered harshly into her ear as Myra felt a hand wrap around her bruised up arms. She was dragged up but she didn't look at her mom.